26: Expectations

After dinner, I finally realised what I had agreed to before we left the suite. He was going to be a model for me tonight. I had drawn penlty of men but none of them were emotionally connected to me in the same way. I was pretty sure that I was in love with Scott.

"Mae, we are back. Are you okay?" Scott asked as he touched my arm. I was pulled out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"I am fine. I was just thinking," I said as the taxi driver opened the door for us. Scott helped me get out and he carried my drawing folder.

"Would you like to share with me?" he asked. I forced a smile.

"I am just in my own head and I should not be in my head as much as I am," I said. I took his arm and we walked to the suite but I was sucked into my head again. I was surprised when we entered the suite. "Are you certain that you want to model for me, Scott?" I asked as he took my jacket off of my shoulders. I pulled my pencil box out of my pocket.

"I do," he said as he touched my face. I took a deep breath.

"You need to take off your clothes. The bedroom is the best place for drawing," I said. He nodded and pulled the clips holding up my hair. I closed my eyes as my dark hair came tumbling over my shoulders. I opened my eyes and saw him studying my face.

"How did God grace me with your existance?" he whispered. I blushed and he brought my hair forward so it was going over my chest. I smiled at him and he smiled back as he leaned down to kiss me. I was completely wrapped up in the kiss that I didn't even notice that he was picking me up like a bride is picked up by her groom. I held his neck as he carried me to the bedroom. I put the box on the couch in the bedroom as he continued towards the bed.

"Scott," I whispered as he laid me on the bed.

***

I don't want to endulge the events that the evening included but I can tell you that no drawing occured that night. I woke up on the 7th wrapped up in the blankets and Scott holding me. I watched him and he looked over at me as he woke up.

"Good morning," I whispered.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" he asked. I studied his face and tried to move.

"A little sore," I admitted to him. He moved my hair and kissed my forehead.

"I will draw you a warm bath," he said as he started to get out of bed. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back to me.

"Stay here for a little bit," I muttered. He laid back down and put his arms around me.

"Are you certain that you are feeling well?" he asked as I put my head on his chest. I looked up at him as he sat up as he leaned against the headboard.

"I am certain that I am feeling well. How are you feeling?" I asked. He smiled down at me and I tried to hide the embarrassment I was feeling due to the absence of clothes.

"I am kind of sad that I didn't get to see your drawing talent last night," he said. I smiled as I sat up, holding the blankets to my chest. I looked at him as he moved my hair.

"Bring me my robe and my drawing equipment," I told him. He got up and I looked away to keep myself from the embarrassment of looking at my fiancé after the close night that we shared.

"Mae," he said as he handed me my white robe. He was wearing his dark blue robe. I got on my knees as I let the robe come down my arms and over my shoulders as I went to tie the robe closed. "Now, why did I bring you your drawing equipment?" he asked as he sat down on the bed with me again.

"I need to practice drawing legs and feet," I said as I streched out my legs so I could see them. Scott put his legs out and tangled his legs with mine. I started drawing our legs being tangled as he watched me draw our legs.

"Mr. Ismay said that we have access to any facility we wish to use," he said as I continued to draw our bare legs.

"Is that so?" I asked. He pulled all my hair to one side and he started playing with the tips of my hair.

"I was thinking that we could go to the pool and swim for a little bit," he said. I looked at him and swallowed.

"I don't know how to swim," I told him and he stared at me.

"You don't know how to swim? You have been missing out of one the best things in the world. Plus the Titanic is the second ship to have a swimming pool in the ship," he said. I smiled as I shook off the dust off the drawing of our legs.

"Well, what's the first?" I asked.

"The Olympic, which I was on the Olympic's madien voyage crew as well," he told me. I smiled as I signed the bottom of the drawing. MM. 7 April 1912.

"That is very interesting," I said as he kissed my shoulder.

"I'll teach you how to swim today. I saw bathing suits for both of us in the dresser," he said. I smiled and shook my head.

"Very well, but you won't let me drown right?" I asked. He smiled and kissed my lips.

"I'll hold you the whole time," he said.