Chapter 7 Library Interrogation Session

Ariella is sitting looking through the notebook, Ericca is starring out a window, Vanessa is eating, and Monroe is pacing back and forth. They are currently in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to hear some news about Estella. They see Alison and Emily walking towards them and Monroe immediately walks towards them. "Well" Monroe asks. Emily says, "She's fine, you can go see her now. Room 109." Monroe sprints to the room and can hear the others telling her to wait. She doesn't listen. She burst into the room and sees Estella covered in bandages. Estella looks over and smiles. Monroe walks over and pulls up a chair. "I'm fine Monty" Estella says. Monroe hangs head and Estella asks, "What?" "Monroe says, "I let you down, you could have died. I promised to always be there for you and-" "Monty" Estella says interrupting Monroe, "Its ok and you didn't let me down. As I recall, you're the one that saved me." Monroe looks up at Estella and Estella holds Monroe's hand. Monroe smiles and is about to say something when the girls burst in. Estella drops Monroe's hand. "How you feeling" Ericca asks. "Good, but I'd feel better if one of you found something" Estella says. Ariella says, "Vanessa by being Vanessa found where this was hiding." Ariella pulls the notebook out of her purse and hands it to Estella.

Estella takes the notebook and starts flipping through it. "Where you able to figure out what was in the notebook" asks Monroe. Ariella says, "It was just a bunch of random notes." "Why is like half the notebook blank" asks Estella. "No idea" says Ariella. Monroe looks at the notebook while Estella flips through it. "Do one of you have paper and a pencil" Monroe asks. Ariella hands a piece of paper and pencil. Monroe take notebook and opens to an empty page. "What is she doing" Vanessa whispers to Ariella. Ariella shrugs. Monroe puts the paper Ariella gave her over the blank page and starts shading it in with the pencil. "Look I know drawing is fun, but no is not the time" says Ericca. Monroe ignores her and continues. Once Monroe is done, she holds up the paper and smiles. Estella smiles and says, "And who says blondes are dumb." Monroe shows them the paper and they see more notes on the paper. They hear Alison and Emily. Ariella quickly hides the paper and notebook in her purse. Emily opens the door and they walk in. "Sorry to interrupt, but Estella you should get some rest" Emily says. They say goodbye to Estella, Emily, and Alison.

Monday

"Estella will be here tomorrow, she is still healing" Ericca says. Ariella says, "I think I found something, I'll show you at lunch." They walk into English. Halfway through English the power goes out and everyone is sent to the gym and locker rooms. As they walk, someone spills their drink on Monroe. Monroe goes to the locker room and her locker. She takes out her practice clothes and puts her backpack in the locker and locks it. She changes and meets up with the girls. "What did you find" asks Ericca. Ariella says, "Things that our parents and A said. A connect the dots type of thing. How A and the girls connected, what the girls did and why." "So why did E hide that" asks Vanessa. Ariella says, "I have no idea. We should meet up at Estella's after school to tell her the discovery and talk it out." They all nod. Monroe says, "I'll be right back, gonna drop this off in my locker. Monroe walks back to her locker and sees the door slightly open. Upon closer examination, the lock was broken. "Why would someone break into my locker? What was so important in there" Monroe asks. She opens her locker and sees that her backpack is gone. Monroe starts walking around trying to find her backpack. She finally finds it sitting on a table in the library.

She goes to grab it when she hears, "Detective Walter" Walter says. "Monroe" Monroe says. "Is that your bag on the table" he asks. "So, you're the one that broke into my locker" says Monroe. "I shouldn't have to tell you that leaving your bag unattended in a public place, not a smart move" he says. Vanessa, Ariella, and Ericca walk in. "You broke into my locker and stole it" Monroe says. Ariella asks as they walk over, "What is going on?" "Oh perfect, we can all be together for an update" he says. Vanessa says, "No, we are supposed to be in the girl's locker room." "Why don't you tell your friends where you were yesterday. I have these really interesting photos" he says. He pulls out his phone and shows a picture of Monroe standing over a sleeping Estella in the hospital with her hand on Estella's heart rate monitor. Walter says, "Go ahead and pass it around, there's plenty more where that came from at the hospital." Ericca takes the phone from Monroe. They look at the photos and look shocked. They look back at them. "Also" Walter says while pulling out some of Estella's personal items from Monroe's bag, "What were these doing in your bag? Souvenirs for when you finished the job?"

Ericca asks, "Monroe, why do you have those?" Vanessa says, "You put those in there you creep, Monroe would never hurt Estella, she's the one that saved her." "So, I heard" he says, "Nice cover uh?" Walter pulls something out of his coat and asks, "Would you want me to share this with them, or should you?" Monroe's eyes go wide and she tries to grab the paper, but he holds it out of her reach. "Go ahead Monroe, tell them about the angry paper you wrote Estella, which is dated three days before the fire" he says. Monroe says, "You had no right to read that." Ariella asks, "Monroe, what is in that paper?" "Tell her, tell her how you wanted to punish Estella for rejecting you" he says. Ericca looks confused. "I went back to the hospital to apologize to Estella. There were horrible things in that paper and that I didn't mean them" Monroe says. Vanessa looks confused. "And...and that I love her" Monroe says. Ariella looks confused and says, "We all love her Monroe." Monroe says while trying to hold back tears, "No, I love her, as more than a friend." Vanessa, Ericca, and Ariella look at Monroe with shocked expressions. "I just never had the chance to tell her in the right way" Monroe says. Walter just smiles. Vanessa says, "Give her paper back. Give her paper back now or I swear to god I will rip your head off." Walter looks at Vanessa and says, "Sorry, I can't."

Spencer walks in and asks, "What's going on?" "Who are you" Walter asks. "Her mother. Why is she crying" Spencer asks. Ericca says while walking over and hugging Monroe, "He accused her of if trying to kill Estella." "What" Spencer asks. Ariella says, "He broke into her locker, stole her backpack, went through it, and is now accusing-" "Hold it" Spencer says, "Hold it, your questioning minors without an adult present, who do you work for? What century are you in?" Walter says, "Ma'am I would advise you-" "No" Spencer says interrupting him, "I would advise you to back off. Because anything they have said is inadmissible in a court room. Let's go. Monroe grab your things." Ericca grabs her backpack and Vanessa grabs the paper. "What were you thinking" asks Spencer as the girls walk out. "I have a case to solve" he says. "Not anymore you don't, unless you want to face me with opposing council" Spencer says.   

Thanks for reading.  I also want to thank you guys for over three hundred reads, you guys have blown my mind.  Thank you for all the comments and votes so far on the story.  So again, thank you.  What did you guys think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  A new character was introduced, Detective Walter.  What do you think of him?  History is repeated when Monroe admits to the girls that she is in love with Estella, well more like forced to.  How did you feel about that?  Spencer has her first cameo and comes to the rescue.  What did you  think of that?  If you have any suggestions or questions please let me know in the comments below.  As always comments and votes are appreciated.  Again thank you for all the support guys.