Chapter 25 Dream Or Reality

Monroe and Kayla walk to the corner. "What's up" Monroe asks. Kayla holds up three copies of the pictures from the party. "This isn't someone accidently grabbing our pictures" Kayla says. Monroe looks and says confused, "Um, okay....?" Kayla says, "One of these was in a letter to my parents from E that I got a few days ago and the other two I found this morning under my parent's cars wind shield wipers." "I should have figured E would do something like this" Monroe mumbles under her breath. "What was that" Kayla asks. "Nothing. Look, I'm sorry" says Monroe, "But why are you telling me this? I'm really confused."

Kayla says, "Because you know she is threatening me, but doing nothing about it." "Ya" says Monroe, "I'm still not following." Kayla groans and says, "I'm talking to an idiot." Monroe says, "Hey. I may be blonde, but I'm not an idiot." "Estella sees how close we are and is using this against me to keep me away from you" Kayla says. "Ok, that does sound like something Estella would do, but there is one small problem with your theory there" Monroe says. Kayla crosses her arms across her chest and asks, "What is that?" Monroe says, "She doesn't even know we kissed." Kayla looks shocked. "Yes, I know surprise" Monroe says, "Monroe keeps secrets from Estella."

"I'm sorry" says Kayla. "Its fine, don't worry about it, it is a very Estella like thing. And trust me, if Estella did do it, you would know, she would have personally delivered those photos and made sure you saw her" Monroe says. Kayla says, "I should get to class." Kayla turns and starts walking to class. "Wait" Monroe says. Kayla stops and turns around. Monroe says, "Will you be my date to the dance? You don't have to answer now. If you come, that means that I still have a chance with you. If you don't, I understand, it will be my sign to move on." Monroe hands her a ticket and walks back to the girls.

"What's going on" Monroe asks. Vanessa looks like she is going to cry, Ariella is staring down at the ground, and Estella and Ericca are angry about something. 'Two minutes' Monroe thinks, 'I left for like two minutes.' "Why does Vanessa look like she is going to cry" Monroe asks. "Why don't you ask Estella" Ariella says. The warning bell rings. Monroe says, "You three go to class, we will meet you there." Vanessa, Ariella, and Ericca walk to class. Monroe turns to Estella, crosses her arms, and leans against the locker. "Ok what did you do or say this time" Monroe asks.

Estella says, "I was angry about something and I took it out on them." Monroe says, "Look, I won't ask what made you upset, not because I know you won't tell me, but because I'll respect boundaries. But Estella, you really do need to apologize to them." Estella says, "Ok I will later." Monroe says, "Lets go to class." They walk into English and Alison looks up. Alison asks, "Why are you two late?" Estella says, "I was having locker problems and Monroe was helping me." Alison gives Estella the look we-will-talk-later and motions for them to sit. They walk tot heir seats and sit. Alison continues the lesson. Estella whispers, "Vanessa, Ericca, and Ariella, I'm sorry for earlier." They looked shocked. Ariella says, "Wow, she actually apologized." Ericca asks, "Are you feeling ok?" Vanessa says, "You have to tell me your secret Monroe." Monroe shakes her head. Ariella says, "We forgive you."

Monroe's phone goes vibrates. Monroe checks it and sees that it is a message from E. 'Want some answers to your past? Come to the address alone. -E' Monroe's eyes go wide. Estella asks, "What did E say this time?" Monroe lies and says, "E was just mocking me again like normal." Estella doesn't look convinced, but doesn't push it. Before the girls know it, it is the end of first period and they are all going to their second period classes. Then before they know it, the lunch bell rings and they are sitting at their table. Monroe is in her own world thinking about what E said in the message. Monroe gets brought back to reality when Estella calls her name. Monroe looks up and asks, "Sorry, what did you say?"