Chapter 35 Betrayal

The liars are all in English reviewing a book they are reading in class. Detective Walter walks in. Alison asks, "Can I help you?" Detective Walter says, "I need Estella Fields." Alison asks, "Is she in trouble?" "This doesn't concern you" Detective Walter says. "Actually, it does" Alison replies, "When it's my daughter that you want." "Well if you must know she is under arrest" Detective Walter says, "For trespassing and kidnapping." Everyone looks at Estella. Alison asks, "What are you talking about, she was with her friends yesterday."

Detective Walter says, "I got this tip about Estella and when I investigated it, it was found to be true." Monroe stands up and says, "It was me." Everyone now looks at Monroe. Estella whispers, "What are you doing?" Monroe ignores Estella and says, "I trespassed onto the St James property, broke into their house, and kidnapped Kayla." Detective Walter walks over to Monroe and cuffs her. Estella, Ericca, Ariella, and Vanessa go to protest. Monroe shakes head. Monroe and Detective Walter walk out of the classroom.

Alison says, "Alright class settle down." Alison continues with the lesson. Ericca, Estella, Ariella, and Vanessa's all get a text. 'Looks like Monroe isn't the loyal one for nothing. Just wait til next time, the loyal one won't always be around to save you. -E' Ariella whispers, "Of course E tipped Detective Walter off." Ericca whispers, "What are we supposed to do now? Who knows what will happen to Monroe." "Don't worry" Estella whispers, "Monroe will be fine." Ericca whispers, "So I guess we wait."

It is now lunch time. Ericca, Estella, Ariella, and Vanessa are all sitting at the table eating and talking. "So, what's the special" Monroe asks sitting down in between Estella and Ariella. They all smile and say, "Monroe." Monroe is engulfed in a group hug. "Um" Monroe says, "Did I miss something?" Ariella says, "You went to jail." Monroe says, "I was just in an interrogation room for the past however long I've been gone."

Estella asks, "What happened?" Monroe says, "Well we go to the station and I'm led to one of the interrogation room." "Detective Walter then proceeded to try and get me to admit to the charges" Monroe says. Ericca asks, "How are you here?" "I refused to talk until my lawyer came and then when my lawyer came, she got me out" Monroe says. Ariella asks, "Are you in any trouble?" "Just a restraining order" Monroe says, "And when Kayla is done with the camp and comes back to school here, I have to transfer schools."

Monroe goes and gets lunch. "So how are you four" Monroe asks. Ericca says, "I'm single again." Ariella says, "At least I'm not the only one." "The normal" Estella says. Vanessa says, "Amazing." Vanessa goes on to tell them about her and Laura. Monroe tunes out and starts talking to Ericca. "What happened" Monroe asks. "I asked if we could talk and she said ok, but we never did. She goes out of her way to avoid me" Ericca says, "And then E sent me this." She gives her phone to Monroe. 'First Ariella rejects you and now Sparrow rejects you, all you seem to do is strike out. Kisses -E'

"Ouch" Monroe says. "Tell me about it" Ericca says, "I really do not like E." "None of us like E" Monroe says. Ericca says, "I don't even know why she broke up with me." "I'll talk to her" Monroe says, "And if she doesn't want to I can make her." Ericca gives her a look. "Relax I'm not going to hurt her, I have other ways" Monroe says. Ericca smiles and says, "Thanks." "No problem, what are friends for" Monroe says, "But seriously, we should tell Vanessa."

"Tell me what" Vanessa asks. Monroe asks, "Have you programmed your brain to pick up every time your name is said?" Vanessa goes to say something, but Ariella says, "Rhetorical question." Vanessa says, "Well if she didn't want an answer, then why did she ask?" Monroe shakes her head and Estella, Ericca, and Ariella laugh. Monroe and Ericca proceed to tell Vanessa what they overheard.