Chapter 39 Drunken Adventures and More Surprises

"What" Monroe asks. "Do I have your attention now" Detective Walter's asks, "Now, follow me, we have things to discuss." "I just...she promised..." Monroe says. They follow Detective Walter to an empty classroom and all take a seat. Detective Walter takes a seat in front of them and says, "As you were saying Monroe." "A couple nights ago I went over to her house and had dinner" Monroe says, "After dinner Kayla told me that her mom was sending her back to the camp and she said she wasn't going back. She started talking about running away and me going with her."

Detective Walter interrupts Monroe and says, "So when were you two planning to leave and where were you two planning to go?" "I wasn't done talking" Monroe says. "Continue" Detective Walter says. "As I was saying" Monroe says, "Eventually I was able to talk her out of running away. I made her promise not to run away or do anything stupid. I really thought she wouldn't." Detective Walter asks, "If it turns out she did run away, where would she have gone?" Monroe says, "She mentioned she had friends in San Diego."

Monroe puts her head in her hands. "So, what about you four" Detective Walter asks. Vanessa says, "We really weren't close." Ariella says, "We only know her because of Monroe." "Word on the street is that Estella didn't like Kayla" Detective Walter says. They all look at Detective Walters. "Here's what I'm thinking" Detective Walter says, "You threatened Kayla with something to make her vanish." "It's true I was never fond of Kayla" Estella says, "But she did make Monroe happy."

"Perhaps when the threat didn't work" Detective Walter says, "You decided to take matters into your hands." "Estella may be a lot of things" Monroe says, "But she wouldn't do something like that." Monroe and Detective Walter have a stare down. "Alright. Apparently Ericca here is in a secret relationship" Detective Walter says, "Kayla got in your way, so you made the threat disappear." "Monroe isn't my type" Ericca says. "It would just be wrong to date Ericca" Monroe says.

Detective Walter goes to say something, but his phone rings. He answers it and walks out of the room. Ericca immediately calls her mom. Ericca hangs up and says, "My mom and dad will be here in thirty minutes." Monroe gets a text. 'Don't test me, this is your final warning. -E' "I should have guessed" Monroe says. Monroe shows her friends the text. Estella says, "Typical E." "I'm sure Kayla is fine" Ariella says, "E kidnapped Kayla as a warning."

A Month and Half Later

Spencer and Toby were able to diffuse the situation. Detective Walter stopped questioning them for the time being. E again tried to get Monroe to spill Estella, Ericca, Vanessa, and Ariella's secrets. Once again Monroe refused to betray Estella, Ericca, Vanessa, and Ariella. Kayla is still missing and there are still no leads. A week after Kayla was declared missing, her parents moved. Vanessa forgave Laura for real a few weeks ago and they became official again. Laura still hasn't been able to get any information.

Sparrow and Ericca are still dating in secret, only Monroe knows. Ericca became even more cautious when she accidently sent her aunt a text meant for Sparrow. Unfortunately, it was Alison and Alison has been trying to guess who it could be. Nate and Melody have been hanging out a lot together and Ericca doesn't know how to feel about it. Estella has been spending a lot of time with Jessie. Alison and Emily aren't happy about that, but they are staying quiet for the time being.

Ariella stopped seeing Peter a week ago after Tiffany caught them kissing and they talked about it. Ariella is careful around Xavi. Jake and Kaitlyn started dating a few weeks ago. Monroe, Estella, Ariella, Ericca, and Vanessa have become warry of Kaitlyn because of her seeing eye dog Jake as Monroe puts it. Monroe has been busy practicing for the upcoming basketball season.