Chapter 41 Who Can You REally Trust

Sorry for the late update.  Hope you guys enjoy it.  Also happy pride month.

Adam says, "I heard what happened to Kayla and I was devasted. We were always close." "If you were so close, how come I never heard of you" Monroe asks, "Kayla never mentioned you, not even once." Adam says, "Before she moved here to Rosewood, we got into a huge fight and since then we haven't spoken to each other. When I heard Kayla was dead, as I said I was devasted. The last time we talked, I said some really mean things and now...I can never take it back or apologize."

"Well uh sorry for your lose" Monroe says, "But what does any of that have to do with me?" "I recently found out that she was dating someone, and I wanted to meet them" Adam says. "Look man" Monroe says, "I'm really tired." "Right, how rude of me" Adam says, "Maybe once you're feeling better, we could get something to eat, my treat. I just...it would...you were close to Kayla, I was close to Kayla." Monroe says, "I'll let you know." "Cool" Adam says. He grabs a piece of paper and writes his number on it.

He is walking out right as Estella, Ericca, Ariella, and Vanessa walk in. "Who was that" Vanessa asks. "He's cute" Ariella says. "Kayla's cousin" Monroe says. "So, when are you getting out" Estella asks. "The doctors are saying in a few weeks" Monroe says, "But Paige will probably get me out in a week." "Are you even going to be able to play once you get cleared" Ericca asks. "I hope I can still play" Monroe says, "But who knows." "Wait" Ariella says, "Even if E fell for that, you're not a computer whiz."

"That's where Laura would come in" Monroe says. Vanessa head snaps up and she looks at Monroe. "What" Vanessa asks. "I asked for her help" Monroe says, "I didn't tell her anything except that it was the same person who's phone we gave her." Ariella asks, "What did E give you?" "What" Monroe asks. Ericca asks, "Ariella and Estella told us that you wouldn't give E the flash til they gave you something, what was it?" "Nothing" Monroe says. Estella, Ericca, Ariella, and Vanessa give her a really look.

"Ok fine" Monroe says, "A piece of paper." They give a really look. "Don't give me that look" Monroe says. "Then stop being a smart ass" Estella says. "I'm not being a smart ass" Monroe says, "I'm being dead serious when I say a piece of paper." "Ok smart ass" Ariella says, "What information on the piece of paper do you want?" "For the last time I'm not a smart ass, I was just answering the question" Monroe says, "The piece of paper I am looking for would state the name of my father."

Ariella asks, "You don't know who your father is?" "Some of don't have the same luxury as others do" Monroe says. "Why don't you just ask your parents" Vanessa asks. "It's not that simple" Monroe says. It's quiet for a few seconds before Vanessa says, "I'm hungry." "Why don't we go get some food" Ariella says. They all agree and everyone, but Ericca walks out of the room. Ericca asks, "Can I ask you something?" "You just did" Monroe says, "But sure, ask away." Ericca asks, "Did you ever think about what your life would have been like when you were if you knew who your dad was?"

"I thought about it all the time after I encountered my first homophobic person" Monroe says, "And when I couldn't get that answer from my parents, I started breaking into every hospital in the area, trying to find out who my dad was. And then when I was ten I just stopped because I realized that if he wanted to be in my life he would...and because we moved." Ericca smiles and laughs. Monroe laughs along with her. "Sometimes it sucks seeing kids with their dads and knowing that they know where they came from" Monroe says, "I mean Grace and Lily know that Wren was their dad and Estella knows that her dad is Jason. I just wish I was as lucky as they are to know who my dad is."

Monroe gets out of the hospital a week later. Once Monroe is out, they decide to confront Melody. They go to Melody's house and Vanessa knocks on the door. The door opens to reveal Mona. "Hello Vanessa, it is so nice to see you again and also you Ariella" Mona says smiling, "You two must be Estella and Ericca, but I don't believe we have ever meet." "I'm Monroe I just recently started at Rosewood High" Monroe says. "Well hello Monroe, I'm Mona" Mona says. "Is Melody home" Vanessa asks. "Come in" Mona says, "She is up in her room."