Chapter 31 Camping In The Woods

The girls are hanging out in Estella's room. "So, what was that in class Ericca" Vanessa asks. "I don't know what your talking about" Ericca says. Estella says, "Come on Ericca friends share secrets, that's what keeps us close." "It was nothing" Ericca says, "Can we drop it?" Estella says, "Whatever." Estella, Vanessa, and Ariella start talking about something. Ericca gets a text from Monroe. 'You should tell them so that E can't use it against you' Ericca looks at Monroe and shakes head no. Monroe just shrugs her shoulders.

Later that night after Vanessa leaves Estella's house, she meets Laura. They go back to Vanessa's house. When Vanessa and Laura arrive at Vanessa's house, they see that they have the house to themselves. While Laura proceeds to cook dinner, Vanessa goes to her dad's office to get something to drink for them. She grabs a bottle and is about to exit, when she sees the cabinet that he always keeps locked is open. Curiosity gets the best of her and she starts looking through everything. She is about to close the door, when something catches her attention. It is a file with her name on it. There is also one for Zeke and Beth. She grabs the file and starts looking through it. A piece of paper catches her eye and she reads it. "No" Vanessa whispers. She looks at Zeke and Beth's file and sees the same thing.

She takes the files and stuffs them in her backpack. "Dinners done" Laura says. Vanessa says, "I'm not hungry." She walks up to her room. She enters and lays down on her bed and just stares off. A few minutes later Laura walks in. "Are you ok" Laura asks. "Yes" Vanessa mutters. "No your not" Laura says walking over to Vanessa, "What's wrong?" "Can you just hold me" Vanessa asks. Laura says, "Ok." Laura pulls Vanessa into her and Vanessa lays her head on her chest. Vanessa falls asleep listening to Laura's heartbeat.

Laura wakes to an empty bed and the smell of bacon. She walks into the kitchen to see Vanessa cooking breakfast. "Morning" Vanessa says smiling and kissing Laura. Laura says, "You're in a better mood." Vanessa says, "I was just having an off day." Laura doesn't look convinced, but drops it. They eat breakfast and head to school. Vanessa and Laura meet up with everyone at their lockers. Noting out of the ordinary happens during the day.

When lunch time rolls around, Estella, Monroe, and Ariella eat lunch together just talking and laughing. Vanessa and Laura sneak into the girls locker room and make-out. Ericca eats lunch with Sparrow. When lunch ends, the girls go to their remaining classes. The final bells rings and they decide to go to the brew and hang out. Through out the whole day, all Vanessa could think about were the files she found and how she was going to bring this up with her parents. After spending a few hours at the brew, Vanessa and Laura head back to Vanessa's place.

Vanessa and Laura walk into Vanessa's house and throw their backpacks on the ground. "So, what's it going to be first" Vanessa asks turning to face Laura and grabbing her hands, "Mac and cheese or fluff and fold?" "Mmm" Laura says while closing the gap and kissing a smiling Vanessa. Vanessa wraps her arms around Laura's neck and Laura places her hands on Vanessa's waist. They proceed to walk into the kitchen while continuing to kiss. They stop walking once they're in the kitchen and continue to kiss until Vanessa sees her mom. Vanessa pulls away immediately and says, "Mom."

Laura's eyes go wide and she pulls away from Vanessa and turns around. Laura clears her throat and looks down at the ground. Vanessa says, "What are you doing here, I thought you were working late." Aria says, "Its time for you to say good bye Laura." "No" Vanessa says, "She just got here." "You mean she just got back" Aria says and pauses, "I found something very interesting in your room Vanessa." Aria looks down at her feet. Laura and Vanessa also look down and sees Laura's backpack which Aria pushes over with her foot.

Laura looks over at Vanessa then back down at her backpack, "I should go." Vanessa looks at Laura and says, "No don't leave." Aria says, "Excellent idea." "Mom" Vanessa says, "She stayed here one night." "Really" Aria asks, "Because the kitchen cabinet fixed itself and don't say your dad fixed." Vanessa says, "Monroe fixed it." "Monroe" Aria says skeptically, "Last time she was over here, was when you two first meet." Vanessa says, "She has swung by a few times to hangout." "What about the fact that our grocery bill has tripled" Aria says. Vanessa replies, "Beth, especially Zeke are growing kids." Aria raises an eyebrow and says, "I know you don't carb load for breakfast and neither does anyone else in this house." Vanessa is about to say something when Aria says, "And don't say Monroe because I know for a fact that her and Estella always have breakfast together."