Chapter 45 Because Of You

Estella's P.O.V.

It's been six months since Monroe went missing. When her body wasn't found at the scene, there was a search for her. For the first four months, I took out all of my emotions on other people. Then after those four months, they stopped searching for Monroe because they were at a dead end. It was then that my life spiraled downhill. I shut out everyone, I would cry myself to sleep every night, I drank when the pain was too much to deal with, I stopped caring about my appearance, and I would only come to school twice a week. I lost my best friend that day. Not only did I lose my best friend, I lost the only person that was always there for me no matter what.

My eyes open but have to close them because of the bright lights. I blink a few times and adjust to the light. "Where am I" I ask. "Estella" Emily says walking over and hugging me, "I was so worried about." "You're in the hospital" Alison says hugging me once Emily pulls away. "Are they ok" I ask. Alison says, "Ericca, Ariella, and Vanessa are ok. Ericca is in the room next to you, Ariella is next to her, and Vanessa is next to her." "What about Monroe" I ask. "Caleb called Monroe as soon as we got to the hospital but went straight to voice mail, so he left a message explaining what happened" Emily says. "No" I say, "Monroe was with us."

"How hard did you hit your head" Grace asks. "Grace" Alison says. "How do you know I'm Grace" Grace asks, "For all you know I could be Lily." "Hey" Lily says, "Don't get me in trouble." "I'm your mother" Alison says, "I just know." "Stella" Emily says, "Monroe is on house arrest." "No, you don't understand" I say, "Monroe snuck out and was with us." "Wait what" asks Alison. "Sounds like Americano" Lily says. "I'll go talk to Caleb" Emily says and walks out of the room.

Twenty minutes later Emily walks in with Caleb. "Well they found the tracking device" Caleb says, "But no Monroe." "Are you sure Monroe isn't here" Estella asks. "Positive" Caleb says, "When Monroe wasn't at the house, I double checked." "What is going to happen now" Emily asks. "Well" Caleb says, "The police have started a search for Monroe. Where ever she is hiding they will find her soon." "I hope so" I say. "Get some sleep" Alison says, "We will wake you up if anything happens."

I hear someone knock on my door snapping me out of the flashback. When I don't response someone opens the door. I am currently curled up on my bed and I just continue to stare at the wall and ignore whoever is at the door. I know my hair is mess, my eyes are probably blood shot from crying, and there are most likely bags under eyes from not being able to sleep. "So, my dad called" Ericca says. When I hear this, I look over at Ericca, I also see Ariella and Vanessa, with hope in my eyes. "They found her body" Ariella says. "No...she can't be...she promised forever" I say and start crying again.

It's a few days after they discovered her body. I've locked myself in my room and stopped talking to everyone. There's a knock at my door and Ariella walks in. "Hey, the funeral is in a few hours, so you might want to start getting ready. Also, I know your probably still not talking, but I just remembered something, and I thought you should have it. It's from Monroe" Ariella says. She sits it on the foot of my bed and walks out closing the door behind her. I look over at it and grab the letter and open it. It says:

Dear Star,

There are many reasons why I like you. I like when you smile your real smile, even though I hate shopping I like it when you drag me along because you care about my opinion, I like your laugh and giggle. I like your chocolate color eyes and how you scrunch up your nose when your confused. I like how when it is just me and you, you show me the other side of you, the other side that you don't let anyone else see. I like how you are not afraid to state your opinion whether or not people will agree. I could go one naming things that I like about you, but that's not why I love you.