✔I Demand | Hoseok

×××

    "I demand, that from here on out, you call me oppa." Hoseok demands. You look up from your favorite book, startled.

  "I could've sworn you were just asleep." You press your bookmark between the pages of your book, looking at Hoseok. He had been asleep for two hours, unmoving, with his hand lazily resting on your thigh.

   "You're avoiding the topic." Hoseok retorted, scooting closer to you. He completely ignored your statement, looking up at you with those big brown eyes of his.

   "Why would I need to call you oppa?" You ask innocently, placing your book beside you. His eyes widen, as if you had just asked him why the two of you should even be a couple.

   "Because I'm older than you." He defends, like Zuko defending his nonexistent honor.

    "So? Barely." You argue, fending off a laugh.

    "What? You're younger than Taehyung! I'm a lot older than you!" Hoseok argues, pulling you against him.

  "Fair enough, but that's still only by like, two and a half years."

  "So you'll call me oppa?"

  "I said no such thing."

  "Come on, (Y/n)!" Hoseok pouts, his usual wide smile flipped into a puckered pout. It was undeniably adorable, but you turn your head away, almost immune.

  "Why do you want me to call you oppa so much?" You inquire, giving Hoseok a pointed look. He bats his eyelids, thinking for a moment.

   "Jungkook's girlfriend calls him oppa. And he's the maknae." Hoseok retorts. You suppress a laugh, letting a tiny snort escape your lips.

  "Jungkook let his girlfriend to call him oppa?" You repeat, trying to grasp the fact that said innocent little maknae was getting called oppa during his down time.

   "Yeah. And now the band members tease me because you don't call me that." He adds, flicking a fleck of his dyed bangs out of his face. The hair soon falls back into his face, prompting you to reach out and fix it for him.

  It was a simple thing, but always had an underlying meaning, when you or Hoseok fixed one another's outward appearance. Such as tucking hair back, or fixing a shirt collar. It was your own little way to show eachother that you care.

  "So let's get this straight," you clear your throat and shift onto his lap to look him directly in the eyes. He gladly scoops you up, his hands resting under your shirt, on the small of your back.

   "Your single friends tease you because you, one of the two members who is not, fact, a single man, does not get called oppa by his girlfriend?"

  Hoseok swallows, his adam's apple bobbing. You laugh, knowing that you had gotten him there.

  "When you put it that way--"

  "Ah! So I'm right."

  "(Y/n--"

  "No excuses."

  He groans, pulling you against his chest. His warmth immediately envelopes you. You accept the bear hug, your arms wrapping around his torso and resting on his back.

  "I'm sorry that I let the others get to me, jagiya." Hoseok murmurs against your hairline. You sigh against his cotton shirt, taking in his cologne-smothered scent.

  "You have nothing to apologize for, oppa."

×××

     that Zuko joke is almost one of the best jokes I've made.

  And I made this book.

   (2018) glad to see that my self-deprecating humor hasn't changed