Maknae | Jungkook

• • •

      You weren't home.

      In fact, you were in a completely different country, visiting some old friends. Or maybe it was cousins?

      Jungkook couldn't quite remember.

      All he knew was that he missed you so much that it almost physically hurt. And the fact that the hyungs had taken this golden opportunity of you leaving your boyfriend behind, to interrogate the poor maknae.

    "Oh come on! There has to be more!" Taehyung grips Jungkook's cheeks, exposing his bunny-like teeth. The youngest only glares at him, refusing to talk about you.

     He felt as if it was exploiting you, in a way.

     And there's the fact that he knew if he started talking about you....

   He wouldn't be able to stop.

   "Not right now, hyungs." Jungkook looks away, only to have Taehyung's large hands grip the sides of his face and make him look back at them.

   "Kookie, every time that you start talking about (Y/n)-ah, you never continue! We want to know if you're at least loving her like she deserves!" Jimin says from over Taehyung's shoulder.

  Jungkook remains stoic and silent.

   "If you don't start talking, then we'll make Namjoon steal your girl." Seokjin says, not looking up from his phone. Jungkook tenses, eyes pivoting to look at an oblivious Namjoon.

   It seemed that everyone knew that Jungkook was the most territorial around the leader. Well, at least, everyone except for the leader himself.

    "Fine!" Jungkook says, letting up.

    "Ask me anything you want." He sighs.

___

   "Where did you meet?"

   "My last year of schooling."

   "How come we never met her?"

   "I made sure you didn't. It's Jimin-hyung's fault that you even know now." Jungkook glances evilly at a pouty-looking Jimin.

    "Is she prettier than me?" Seokjin asks, plopping down next to Namjoon with a plate of food.

     Jungkook looks down at his thumbnail. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he couldn't stop thinking about you.

   About how much he wanted you back home, and in his arms.

    About how beautiful you are.

    He couldn't tell himself, at first. But he knew for a fact, that he loved you.

     That he was in love with you.

    Suddenly, his phone abruptly rings, catching all of the members offguard. Each of them look down, and notice your number and photo.

   Which was a selca you had taken while Jungkook was kissing your cheek.

    Immediately, the members are launched into fangirlish squeals.

     Except for Namjoon and Yoongi.

   "Jagi?!" Jungkook presses the phone to his ear.

    "I'm at the airport and stuck. Can you...come get me...?"

     "Yes! Hold on-- HYUNGS I GOTTA GO--"

___

    unedited.