Honey | Yoongi

You tuck your hair behind your ear, your free hand thumbing the rim of your pastel ceramic mug. Gazing out the window of your small city apartment, you curl your knees to your chest and cradle your mug filled with hot tea. Your finger glides across the rim, settling on the thin string that hung over the side, trailing down you gently grasp the tag and absentmindedly toss it between your thumb and middle finger.

"He should be back by now," you whisper quietly, not taking your eyes off of the sea of cars and lights and people. You hated the city. You always have. If you had it your way, you'd live in a cozy cottage in the middle of nowhere, where your biggest worries varied from whether or not your forgot to water your flowers or if the wood was stacked for winter. Having to sit in traffic for thirty minutes to simply go to a coffee shop a block from your apartment was nothing short of absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, you'd walk, if that was an option allowed to you. But alas, no. Your—very loving and very protective—boyfriend was very uncomfortable with you walking anywhere alone on these busy streets, ever since that fateful day.

It's funny, how one man with a camera can singlehandedly steal your life away.

You wouldn't give up the life you had now for the world, and thankfully you didn't have to give up your cozy apartment when the world discovered Min Yoongi had a foreign girlfriend. But it still dampered your brightly-lit independent soul when you had to be shut away for your own protection.

Within days after the released photos of you and Yoongi, your inbox had been stormed, everywhere you went plugged with any and all types of people, all grasping at the chance to see an idol's significant other. Some with positive or neutral intentions; just wanting to see. Most, however, only followed you for purely selfish and hateful reasons. You tried to be understanding. After all, Yoongi and the boys dealt with this daily, so you shouldn't be complaining, right?

That was your mentality, at least. Or, it was. Until you were assaulted. At a restaurant. With a flower vase.

It's crazy how much damage one vase can do. Even crazier how much of a throw that one 5'1 girl can have on her.

Since then, Yoongi went full-security guard mode. Groceries brought to you, you can't walk anywhere, you can't go anywhere without a mask and sunglasses. It was suffocating. But you endured. You will always endure. You endured for Yoongi. You knew it wasn't intentional, his overbearingness. He just hated to see you hurt.

As if on cue, you hear the familiar jingle of keys at the apartment door, unlocking both the regular door lock and deadbolt one by one. The door gently swings open, revealing your adorable boyfriend, dressed in a cotton sweater, black jeans, and a black mask and cap. In his delicate hands he held a grocery bag.

A grin erupts across your features, your heavy heart immediately lifting, just by being in the same room as he. He returns your smile easily, gently slipping off his shoes whilst simultaneously dropping the groceries and keys on the nearest flat surface. Warm tea forgotten, you take three long strides to Yoongi and are immediately engulfed in a warm hug as his arms wrap around your back. You smile wider, taking in his scent like a drug.

       A year together and you still never get tired of seeing him walk through that door.

      "Did you bring my honey?" You ask excitedly, tossing a casual glance at your mug of green tea. "My tea needs honey, Yoongs."

      He tilts his head at you, his brows furrowing.

       Your heart sinks.

      "You were supposed to bring me honey..." You pout, sinking your head in dejection.

        "But—you asked me to bring you snacks." He murmurs in absolute confusion.

        "Yeah, and honey."

        "But you didn't ask me for honey."

        "Yes I did."

         "No, you absolutely did not."

        You purse your lips together, giving him a dead look. He returns the gaze, determined not to lose in this lovers' spat of yours. Truly, he could have sworn you'd never asked for honey, right? No, yes, right. You definitely didn't ask for honey.

         He cracks first.

         With a big, dramatic sigh, Yoongi grabs the keys from the table, easily sliding his shoes back on. "Fine. I'll get you honey."

        "Well...if you'd just let me go on my own, I could-"

         "No. Make sure to lock the door."

         And with that, Yoongi gives you a chaste kiss and heads back outside the apartment door, shutting it behind him. Your shoulders visibly droop. Your plan-it'd failed horrifically.

         The truth was, you'd never asked for honey in the first place.

~

i've read an obscene amount of haikyuu fanfiction the last week.