✔Soap Bubbles | Namjoon

×××

    A long, drawn out sigh escapes your lips. You reach upwards, tying your hair into a messy twist bun atop your head. It'd been a long day, and all you wanted to do was relax into a tub of fragrant bubbles and hot water.

   You bend down, still fully dressed, turning on the tap of hot water. You turn away, readying to shut the bathroom door.

   Your hand hovers over the lock, about to lock the door. But you hesitate.

    "Namjoon won't be home for a while." You whisper, turning away and proceeding to undress yourself.

   You turn off the water once the tub was full; quickly squirting more-than-enough soap into the hot water.

  You mix the soap with your bare foot, watching as colorful bubbles overtake the large tub. Finally, you sink into the bathtub, letting out a relieved sigh as the warm water washes all your worries off.

   You sit in the warm water, only listening to your own breathing for a while.

  All the way up until the front door shuts and the familiar sound of shoes being kicked off and a bag being set down next to the door, splits through the silence harshly.

  "(Y/n)? I'm home!" Namjoon's deep voice calls out. You sit up, eyes wide and arms wrapped around you. Although, it didn't mean much as the bubbles had grown all the way to your chin.

  "(Y/n)?" Namjoon asks once more, closer this time. His voice was already laced with a thin coat of worry. You usually emerge from wherever in the house you resided, when Namjoon returns home.

   "Uhm. In here?" You call meekly. A shadow forms under the crack of the door, footsteps cutting through the silence.

    "Are you okay?" He asks, taking note of the silence, and the sound of water swishing around, lapping against the tub walls. Usually, you take a quick shower and concluded the necessary hygeine for the day.

    "Totally fine. Would you like to come in?" You ask bravely. Namjoon, being the occassional pervert that he is, swings the door open.

  You stare, jaw agape, at the man standing in the doorway.

   His newly-dyed brown hair was a mess, but still managed to miraculously make his white tee pop out against his porcelan-like skin.

   He blinks, taking in the sight of you. Your hair up, your knees to your chest, eyes wide and lips parted. A stray soap bubble dances across his vision, but fails to draw his undivided attention away from you.

   And then he begins to strip.

  "Nam--" you begin, watching him peel off his shirt. It wasn't anything you hadn't seen before, but still managed to make your heart pound faster. Your blood run hotter. Your world to spin just a little faster.

  Namjoon throws his socks over his shoulder, quickly sinking into the bathtub with you. You let out an involuntary giggle as his long legs brush against your thigh, slick with soap and water.

  "Well. This was unexpected." Namjoon says, laying his head down on the brim of the bathtub. You chuckle, relaxing as well.

   "You're the one that got in the tub." You point out.

    "You're the one who invited me in."

    "You're the one who actually got in with me." You repeat, jabbing his abs with your toe. He lifts his hands in mock surrender, sinking further into the tub.

   You both stayed there, until the water grew cold and the bubbles all popped.

   Because, even despite your busy schedules, you still made time to be together.

   Just for a little while.

____