preferences ▷ #12

❕🔞warnings; obscene language and extremely long preferences.

• • •

    he thinks you're unhappy with your relationship (hyung line only)

   -RM (longest preference)

   He sensed it. He'd known for a while, without even having to ask you.

   He saw the passion between you starting to evaporate.

   And if he'd be damned if he wasn't going to try and do something about it.

   Namjoon takes a deep breath, finally shutting off his computer. He watches at the monitor goes dark, dreading as he would have to get up and face you.

   Potentially ending the best thing that'd ever happened to him.

   He stands, stretching as he begins his trek from the study to your sometimes shared bedroom.

   By sometimes, it means he usually spends his nights in the study, working on his music. He used to just sleep on the desk, with his face planted on the keyboard. But after a few days of his complaining about being sore, and you tired of explaining to him that there was a wide open spot for him on the bed in your shared bedroom, you bought him a couch.

     Namjoon pokes his head into your bedroom, almost immediately noticing everything wrong with the image in front of him.

   You laid on the bed, wearing headphones while you read whatever book was in your hands. You were dressed in sweatpants and a shirt of your own, looking rather comfortable.

  Problem Number One; you weren't dressed in one of his shirts, and either his boxers or a pair of pajama shorts, like you used to.

   Problem Number Two, and the main problem; was that you were laying in the middle of the bed. With your pillows at the center.

   As if the whole bed was yours, and yours alone.

   You didn't even expect for Namjoon to come to bed. You just assumed he would sleep in the studio.

    This was how far he'd let it go.

    "Love?" Namjoon knocks, clearing his throat. Your gaze shifts around the book, locking onto Namjoon's lanky form standing in the doorway. You remove your headphones instantly, and begin wordlessly shifting pillows.

    You finish moving his pillows onto his side, and then proceed to lay on your side and continue reading with your headphones back on.

    Namjoon feels his heart breaking, directly under his heavy-feeling sternum. He had singlehandedly taken the passion and love out of your relationship. You were obviously tired of him.

    It was more like you were roommates, that occassionally shared a bed and hugged every now and then.

    Namjoon walks over to your side of the mattress, making you drop your book and removing your headphones. You sit up, looking at him in confusion.

     He takes a deep breath.

    "I don't want you to leave me. Ever. But I know that you will, probably in a matter of days. But please, hear me out." Namjoon says, sinking down to sit next to you on the bed. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. But I made the stupid decision of putting music first. I know that you're unhappy with me. I know that you're falling out of love. I can see it. It's so blatantly obvious that it's nearly impossible to miss. But I want you to know that I love you. I'm IN LOVE with you. I can't make you stay. But I can promise that if you do, that I will love you. I'll be here. I'll sleep in here. I'll call you every day. I'll take pictures of you, and cuddle you and make out with you. Please, just don't leave me." Namjoon finishes, no longer bothering to wipe the tears that were falling down his cheeks.