✔Three AM | Seokjin

×××

[March 13, 2016]

     You hazily look at the bright screen of your cellphone, squinting at the contact.

  "Jin?" You press the phone against your ear. Your voice was scratchy, your eyes dry, your hair a mess.

  To say in the least, you were not looking your best.

  "Did I wake you up?" A quiet voice murmurs from the other line. Somewhat more awake now, you sit up, listening to your friend's quiet voice.

  "No, no. What's wrong?" You ask quietly, glancing in the mirror that faces your bed. It was too dark to see the extent of your bedhead, but you could see enough to know that you didn't look as flattering as usual.

   "I had a nightmare. I didn't know who else to call."

   "Do you want to talk about it?"

   "No. I'll let you sleep."

   "Seokjin."

   "Yes?"

   "Talk to me."

   "......okay."

[May 26th, 2016]

    You yawn tiredly, resting your head against your pillow. Subconsciously, you reach over, turning your ringtone all the way up. It'd been a long day, and you were tired.

   You weren't sure if you'd wake up when Jin calls you this time.

  As if on cue, the moment you feel yourself drifting into a dreamless sleep, your phone begins blasting out (your ringtone).

  You shoot upwards, heart racing, and grab your phone.

  "Hello?"

  "I'm sorry it's so early this time, (Y/n)." You hear Seokjin murmur quietly. He still sounded terrified, but he sounded far more controlled than he had when he began calling you every night he had a nightmare. Which was nearly every night.

  "Don't be. I was already awake." You tell him, only half-lying. "Do you want to talk about it?" You ask softly. He doesn't reply for a long while, perhaps thinking.

   "I should let you sleep."

   "You know that I won't go away until you talk to me about it, Jin."

   "I know. Thank you."

  [July 30, 2016]

     There it was.

     The deafening tone of your ringtone, blaring through your phone. You tiredly reach over, not bothering to check the contact, and press your phone against your ear.

  Over the course of four months, you'd grown used to Seokjin calling you in the dead of night. It divided the hours that you sleep in a clean half, but you didn't mind.