maya and ricky go on a date

i walked over to his black bmw and saw him leaning against the passenger door. he was wearing some black, not ripped skinny jeans and a light blue dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. he had that same paper airplane necklace on and his wavy hair was left alone, the waves so poofy and shiny i wanted to run my fingers through them.

as he saw me approach him, he smiled and opened the passenger door. 'you look stunning, butterfly,' he said as we kissed eachothers cheek. 'thank you.' i replied.

i got in the car and instantly felt warm, waiting for him to get into the drivers seat. as he sat down, he had a bouquet of white roses and gave them to me, smiling and showing off those dimples that i absolutely adored.

'they're beautiful ricky, thank you.' i said as i smelled them. 'oh wait,' i took my phone out and gave him back the flowers, 'here, hold them.' he did as i said and i took a picture of him, a cheesy smile on his face.

'aww you look so cute!' i said as i smiled at him and grabbed the flowers back, placing them on my lap. i quickly saved the picture to my memories and posted it on snapchat and then sending it to riley.

'you're smile is so beautiful,' he said as he drove. i blushed and tucked a wave behind my hair.

my phone dinged and i saw it was a message from riley, oh my god he's so hot. lolol don't tell zay i said that. i giggle quietly and sent her a quick response, listening to what ricky had been saying.

as we drove to the small cafe, we spoke about everything. i told him about my friends, about the things that made me sad, angry and happy, i told him about how my parents separated and then got back together a month later.

'your parents didn't vote for trump, did they?' i asked as he turned into the parking lot of the cafe.

'yeah they did, he's such a great person, i don't see how people hate him'. he said parking the car.

i turned to him and stared, a disgusted look on my face, my heart pounding as he began laughing.

i raised an eyebrow at his actions and unbuckled myself, 'what's so funny?' i asked, annoyed.

'you should've seen the look on your face, butterfly!' he said trying to catch his breathe. 'of course they didn't vote for trump, they're not idiots.' he said as my heart rate began to normalize itself.

i hit his arm and then chuckled, 'you scared me you idiot!'

he ruffled his curly hair as we both got out of the car. as we're walking inside the cafe, he slowly grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers together, making my body tingle.

'is that ok?' he asked, looking down at our hands. i bit my lip and nodded, a smile on my face. 'more than ok'. i said.

we walked inside the cafe and i was surprised to see that it was large, almost restaurant like. there were small little lights, lighting up the tables, french music playing in the background. a large eiffel tower painted on the farthest wall in the back. the restaurant was dim, small street lights scattered across the walkways.

the tables were circle shaped with white cloths on top and a fish bowl with small roses inside of them.

'name?' asked the lady at the front entrance.

'ricky henderson', he said as the lady grabbed two menus and told us to follow her.

as we were walking to our table, out of the corner of my eye, i saw him.

he was, obviously, with isadora. he had said something that made her laugh and i tried hard not to be seen. ricky looked back at me and smiled as i smiled back, trying hard not to show my nervousness.