S-Spider!

~L~
After a long period of sleeping, I was awoken by a tingling sensation on my leg, as if a hair was on it.
I moved my leg slowly, but the hair like object didn't seem to move.
I just wanted some rest..
Apparently I couldn't even get that while in here.

I wiped my eyes, but the second I opened them...

I was surrounded by tarantulas.
Large, hairy, disgusting spiders.
I shrieked with utter terror, I was horrified of spiders!  I remembered to calm down, before I failed this level.

The spiders were enormous. I used my legs to push myself away, and the then used the pole beside me to help me rise to my feet. They all stayed completely still. I ignored the pain traveling in through my aching body. I walked backwards slowly, until I saw an alley to my right. I glanced down it really fast, then back at the spiders. I decided to flee, and then turned around and ran down an alley.

My legs were throbbing in agony as I sprinted as fast as I possibly could. When I looked over my shoulder I noticed that, much to my own dismay, the spiders were following shortly behind me. Quiet footsteps could be heard behind me, like a tiny stampede. "They're gonna eat me!" I shouted in distress.
I continued running as best I could, trying my best to keep my breathing even. After a while of running, I finally realized something...
I was not being calm.
There was only one thing I knew to do..
I had to embrace the fear, and not run from it. If I didn't face my fears, I'd fail this whole trial! I slowed down to a halt, and took in a few shaky breaths. After a few minutes, I gathered the courage to do what I knew I had to do.
I swiftly turned on my bruised heel, towards the large arachnids. My lips quivered with fear.
I took in a deep breath, the only way I'd be able to get over this, and pass this horrid phase, is to overcome my fears.

The spiders all surrounded me.

I exhaled loudly. "What now?" I asked myself internally. Then it hit me! Maybe if I made friends with the spiders, then they'd poof away because I would no longer be afraid of them!
I shakily leant down, and picked up a spider, I slowly rose my hands to were I could see the spiders face clearly.

I made eye contact with it, which was probably a bad idea.

"H-h-hey there little guy! You know, it's not very nice to chase people. Maybe you could take your friends, and go elsewhere! Or maybe help me find Poppy Station?"  I asked with a nervous grin, hoping by some chance it would understand me. I then become aware of the fact that I probably looked like a total lunatic right about now.

"Hey, chasing people is what I get paid to do, bud.
You came here for power, you think that we can just, hand it to ya? No! That doesn't give us a very good reputation you know.  Anyway, about the station. Most people don't make it past the first stage, they just kinda rot in there, been a while since I've seen anyone this determined,"
the spider looked slightly impressed, more surprised than I was.
I was completely dumbfounded the spider actually responded! Then again, of course there would be talking spiders in this place. I felt a little more light hearted when I found these spiders aren't really that heinous. I've already met a talking cat, I shouldn't be all that shocked. To add to the overall weirdness, this spider had a tough guy accent.
It was weird, but for some reason I was relieved.
Maybe he was a good merciful spider...

Maybe I'm a total maniac and should continue running for my life.
He is a tarantula! Those things can literally kill you! I didn't really know how to reply to him. Words couldn't express how absolutely shocked I was by his ability to speak english! Before I knew it, he was talking again!