Day 2

-///-/L/-///-

"C'mon now. Can't you sense it? That dark energy." Laxus questioned, crossing his arms.

He still had this sly look on his face.
It made me want to slap him.

I stared at my feet as I turned to face him, then turning to eye Mystogan.

No way was that him...
Oh no.. is that..?

"Though, I guess you get used to your own stink." He added smugly, giving me a devilish half smile.

Oh, right. Laxus is making a heinous accusation against me.
I turned my head towards Laxus and locked eyes with him.

"What are you trying to say??" I asked, standing up straighter. I wasn't going to allow him to treat me like trash.
I won't be disrespected.

Is he really saying I'm this evil presence they're talking about? I'm an angel!

"What Laxus means is, there's an unusual presence here. Dark, evil. It's drawing in spare ether. This unusual force, well, Laxus thinks it may be coming from you." The alleged mystogan explained.

"Tch! You can blame me for whatever you want." I said, beginning to calmly walk away.

He placed his palm on my shoulder and squeezed.

"Heartfilia, I know it's you."
It is. It's him.

"Of course you do, Jellal." I replied hastily.
I remember when I first met him. He was this; evil villain.

But now?
He's a completely different man.

"We mean no harm to you. Laxus and my guild are the only ones who know. Meldy and Ultear would never tell a soul."

"Nor would I. I respect your decision, Blondie." Laxus said, briefly glaring at Jellal.

I groaned.
I guess I have no choice other than to trust them.

"I don't know anything about this dark energy. And now that you mention it, I can definitely sense what you're talking about.. " I replied, leaning against the wall.

They looked surprised when I mentioned I had just noticed it..

"You're one of the strongest wizards here. We need your help tracing it. Laxus has a good nose because he's a dragon slayer. With mine and your magic sensing capabilities, we should be able to find it fairly easily." Jellal pleaded. The desperation was evident in his eyes.

This has to be important. Jellal wouldn't look so frantic otherwise.

After all, over these years he's apparently only been working with Meldy and Ultear.
It's surprising to me how much I know about all of them..

"Fine, but I want in. On this whole ordeal. Your secret little save-the-world-thing. We both know this isn't going to be good, so let me help you with countermeasures."

"We don't even know if it's that ser-" Laxus attempted to say.

"Deal." Jellal interrupted.