Chapter 20

Callie's POV

I lazily hobbled off of the bed making my way to the bathroom yawning in the process.

After that long refreshing shower I made my way to his room to see if he's awake.

Knock knock knock !!!

..."Damon..." I called. I decided to just go and make breakfast may be he's out on a run or something  ....it's too early to leave for work anyways.

I was almost finished making breakfast when I heard the front door opened and slammed shut and I instantly knew it was him.

I perked up getting ready to kill him with kindness. Over the past few days I have been acting more nicer towards him making him think that am ok with everything(as if). Am going to annoy the hell out of him and make him hate me so much that he would call this whole thing off *Muhuaaahaaha*(yep I'm weird) but am not just going to sit down and watch him ruin my life.

❇❇♥❇❇

" ..Good morning..." I chirped with a bright smile as soon as he takes a seat around the kitchen island.

He eyed me suspiciously with narrowed eye as I dished out some pancakes with some coffee just the way he likes it black with no sugar.

I placed them in front of him smiling brighter than the sun.
He was already dressed in his work attire looking sharper than ever.

...." Ok cut the crap what are trying to pull..." he spat grabbing my wrist in a tight grip.

..."Ouch Damon you're hurting me..." I said struggling to get out of his grip.

..." Answer me dammit!!..." he seethed now towering over me.

I so wanted to slap him so bad but I had to keep the act up if I wanted to win.

...." P-please..." I begged looking up at him with pleading eyes.

He stared down into my eyes his blue orbs clouded with anger.

...."Damon please..." I whispered placing my free hand over his.

He tensed up under my touch then he relaxed looking at me with knitted brows as if trying to figure me out.

I don't know why but sometimes I feel like am not acting...weird I know.

He slowly let go of my hand which had already started to bruise.

..."I... I'm sorry..." his voice a mere whisper as he eyed my bruised wrist.

Wait did he just... Did he just apologise to me?. I stared at him with my eyes a little wide surprised that the Damon Ashworth the ruthless billionaire just apologised to me.

..."It's ok..." I replied rubbing my wrist with my free hand to lessen the pain.

He was about to leave when he turned around facing me his face impassive as he spoke.

...." You should wear this if we are going to get married....it was my mother's wedding ring..."

Oh. What does he mean by 'was my mother's wedding ring' ?

I stared at the small object that holds so much meaning to it.

It was so beautiful,with a small gold band holding the diamond in place. It sparkled rainbow like colors under the light.

..." I can't take this..." I said shaking my head.

..."Why not?..." he asked sounding a bit annoyed.

..." Because it was your mothers and I can't take it....it's wrong because it's not like we're actually getting married because we love each other or we're in love..." I stated in a matter of factual tone.