11- Fast Cars With Horns

Parker:

As I'm driving back to my house, I feel sadness take over my feelings. Sighing, I rub by forehead, hoping that Josh is okay. Right at the edge of a town, near the entrance of the forest, I feel a pang in my chest. It starts to repeat and intensify, becoming too much. I pull over and hunch in my seat, hand over my heart. I lose focus, head pounding, eyes closing tightly. Something felt wrong. Everything in this exact moment felt wrong. It wasn't my body going through this pain. It couldn't be. "SHIT. Josh!" I yell to myself, mumbling incoherent words under my breath. I can feel my rage start to build within me. Soon, the level of my anger has levelled with his pain and sadness, which is a really bad thing.

I spun my car around, tires leaving skids on the road. I sped up as fast as I could to get to him. Basically driving with my horn on full blast, I skilfully dodged cars. I soon realized that I had made it halfway to his house in half the time. Pushing the limit with a bit more speed, I accidently zoomed pass the police. Well Crap! I thought. I expected to need to lose them on my way, but it was as if they didn't see me. Sweet! I concentrated back on the road fully. Well, as much as I could with Josh on my mind.

I started to slow down with every street I went through in his suburb. I parked my car 2 houses away, very wary of his family. My rage was bubbling over the top of the pot, but I couldn't barge in. Josh? You there? Please respond. I say, worry and hope lacing my inner voice. H... Was all I could hear of a response. Are you okay? Stupid question. What happened?! I try, wishing he's strong enough to link back. He...M... I started to panic even more, heart beat rising dangerously. I'm coming in. Please, be strong and tell me something. I plead. Some of the sadness is blocked by something similar to a wall. He was unknowingly stopping the sadness from seeping through as much. That's hard to do.

Help, please. I-I'm upstairs. Right side of the house, first window. Be careful, there's someone watching. He's m... He trailed off right when I felt another pang in my heart. Just as I was about to rush off into their house, the garage opened. An old and rusty car backed out and raced down the street. After watching the car vanish, I bounced out of my seat, shut off the car, and started running for the window he described.

The wall under his window was nothing but brick. But me being me, can climb brick. I start my trek up the flat and un-holey building, stopping when I'm just below the window sill. I'm outside the window. Is that guy still there? I ask, angry and scared off my ass. He, just wait. He might leave. He replies. I wait nervously and restlessly while hanging on. "That made me tired. Didn't it tire you too? No? Guess we'll just have to continue after I get a quick drink and catch my breath. Don't you agree? Not like you have a choice though." The man said loud-ish, laughing during the end. I heard a lock click twice.

I lifted my head ever so slightly to see if he had in fact left the room. Just as I was starting to hurl my body over the sill, Josh's voice sounds in my head. Stealthy Parker. Be stealthy. I nod my head before lightly touching the ground and walking over to him. I bend down to help him up, but he shakes his head lightly. Look at me. Do you think I can get up? He says. I look down and finally realize his situation. Josh is wearing nothing but blood covered boxers. Chains restrict him to the spot, bruises and marks left for the eye to see. I decided to carefully inspect the chains, but that takes time. Time I did not have when the mans voice sounded from the house. He was getting closer by the second. The only thing I could think of was hide, but we need to leave. NOW.

I broke the chains, leaving only cuffs behind on Josh's body. The ends fell to the floor noisily, making the footsteps from the halls move faster. I grabbed my gray hoodie which was thankfully on a desk close by. Throwing it over his body, I pick him up and sprint to the window. I make it to the sill as the footsteps grow too loud. I practically slide down the first half of the outside wall, only stopping because I was asked. Look up. Josh instructed, so I did. There in the window of the room was a red and fuming face. "Who the fuck are you and why are you taking my toy?" The angry man asks, venom clear in his voice.

"Who the fuck are you and why were you messing with him? Oh wait, never mind, I don't care! Bye-bye douche bag." I yell back, jumping down the last story. I successfully land me and Josh, who is on my back, safely on the ground. I sprint to my car. Trying to move as carefully and quickly as possible. I put Josh in the passenger seat, run around the car and climb into the drivers seat so I can start the car. With a foot on the pedal and a person in need, me and Josh begin our high speed drive to my house. I hope I can get some knowledge from him before we get home.

Hey Parker. *Sighs* That guy that called me a toy. Well, he's my big brother. Hunter Kinkston. Josh says. I nod, clearly shocked to hear this. But it looks like he wants to continue explaining things. Go ahead, if you want.