24- White, Gray & Void

During his slumber, his body shook. Trembling sweats and a cold left hook. Terrifying dreams surrounded by nothingness, a sweet soothing voice guided his soul through the void. Images of a sleeping wolf appeared in his mind, waking up nearly every second time. Its beautiful black coat with a sliver of white and gray, its emerald eyes as clear as day.

Its wagging tail a frustration yet a wonderful site. A brown wolf with a ripped ear would stand protectively over its pair, only on guard when it was not time to share. A pure black coated male, with amethyst gems as eyes, would stare gracefully at its companion, no harm in its gaze. Before all was ended, all three wolves stand in haze, howling with passion, no way of delays.

It was a symbol to most, a terror to all. The first shifting before the full moon was as painful as all. Alas, there was two to guide the new soul, before the body awoke full of pain and sore.

* *  * *  * *

Josh awoke from his slumber in pain from hell. His entire body ached, limbs shaking with every stretch. Except, it didn't feel like his limbs, didn't look like them at all. As he rolled around his body felt short, a softness surrounding him that wasn't normally there. The scent in the room was filling his senses. An aroma of pies, apples, and cedar wood made him crave for sweets.

The slightest of squeak would pierce his ears, the sound too sharp for him to comprehend. He opened his eyes only to feel distant in his own body, as if his view of the world was shared. He tried to get up but could not properly feel his legs. He ran a hand over his face, yet it was not hand nor his face. A paw landed on the snout attached to his face, making the shocked boy fall off the bed.

The sudden impact ran strikes down his spine, legs sticking out in the air. He began to panic. Tried yelling but received a low growl. He rolled on the floor to observe his surroundings, finding some furry friends beside his body. He looked into the eyes of the wolf pups, a wary glance in all. Until an unfamiliar voice sounded in his head, trying to push him out of control.

The last thing Josh could do before being pushed to the back of his mind, was calling for his mate in his mind. After the cry for help was sent, he was put into a world he had never seen. Observing as 'he' interacted with the wolf pups.

*** 

Parker burst through the bedroom door, worry clear on his face. In the threshold was the pack doctor and Lucifer, staring, hitched at the site before them. Five wolves were prancing around like pups exploring. They were yipping and yapping, biting at the others fury tails. Once the bundles of fluff noticed they had guests, they froze.

Razer and Light lowered their heads, thinking they had to apologize. Duke hid behind the two while Slade laid next to the newcomer. Dr. Nick watched the scene with curiosity, Cypher standing with a smirk. As Parker's eyes made contact with the strange wolf's, it bounded towards him. It reached up, knocking them onto the floor.

As they fell, the wolf's coat danced in the light. The white on its left ear looked pristine. The gray it morphed into was multiple shades, going light to dark. The rest of its body was a beautiful shade of black, that even with light looked menacing. Its green eyes that swirled with silver shone brightly as a voice so similar toJosh's ran through everyone's head. "Mate!!"

Every soul but Cypher froze. His face was stilled graced by a smirk, one that shows he knew what was going on. As 'Josh' rested on Parker's chest, tail wagging, Cypher approached the pair. He knelt down, drawing the attention of the wolf to him. It scampered over, arching playfully.

"Hey there buddy. Mind letting Josh out?" Cypher asked the wolf, receiving a low grumble. He sighed at the seemingly stubborn wolf. "C'mon. Me and him gotta talk. You can come out later. Switch." Cypher said, a commanding tone to his voice. The three-shaded wolf rolled onto its side before yipping.

Shortly after, a confused expression took over the wolfs face. Judging by the concerned questions running through Parker's mind, Josh was in control. Except, he wasn't. When the boy tried standing, his legs buckled. His head didn't raise off the floor, making him whine loudly. It pained Parker to see him struggle with something he found so easy.

Wanting to help, he shifted, trotting towards Josh. He laid next to his mate, speaking words of encouragement. He showed him the way slowly, step by step, paw by paw. Eventually Josh was able to stand, walk, sit, very basic, but he was so tired out that all he wanted to do was lay down.

"He should shift back." Cypher spoke, gaining confused and anxious looks his way. "He will need to do so eventually. Besides, we have things to discuss that are seemingly growing urgent by the minute." He finished, leaving the room in silence.

Nick sighed, rising from his position in the doorway. All he did was nod, slightly grim, leaving the pair to deal alone. "My office," He said, "We'll talk there."

Once only two bodies remained in sight, as Parker rubbed his against the floor. He knew Josh had to shift, but he knew it would be painfully numbing. With great hesitation, he was again guiding his love through the transformation, step by step, growing more anxious as the explanation grew to an end.

Josh sat still, worrisome thoughts crossing their link. Calm my love. You must relax. I'll be right here. Parker soothed, minimizing the distressed thoughts. Josh relaxed, repeating the steps Parker ran through his mind.

He knew to expect it, but he didn't think it'd be so cruel. With a shivering shrill of a howl, bones cracked and popped. Skin felt as if it was being shredded, muscles and limbs being torn apart. Once the fur had shed and the eyes had dimmed, Josh lay panting on the floor.

He curled into a ball, slow tears running down his face, feeling warmth surround him. Feeling, sensing his mate with all he could seemed to give him strength. No more rapid breathes with slight trembles as they lay curled in each other's forms. Deeply breathing in the new yet intoxicating smell of pies, apples and cedar wood, calmed Josh down completely.

As the pair advanced to the clinic, all seemed calm, but each had a million questions lacing their minds.