13- Rankings with Lunch

Josh:

We have been sitting here for 5 minutes, waiting for Lucy to pick a spot and stick with it. "Come on Hinders! We want to get this started, like, 10 minutes ago." I whine to my friend. She gives me an agitated look, before settling down on the floor . Me, Parker, and Scotch all let out a sigh of relief before he starts the explaining. "Okay. So as we all know, me and Parker are werewolves. We live in packs with territories and ranks." Scotch begins. "You have omegas, which are the lowest but most common class. Then you have Betas and Alphas. Alphas are the leaders, the face and name of the pack. They are like the kings and queens of our world. Betas are there second in command, and take charge if the Alpha is unable to." He says, stopping to make sure we understood. "Moon..." Parker said out of the blue.

"Ah, right!" Scotch says, seeming slightly embarrassed. "Other than other Alphas, an Alpha normally has an equal or just lower equal. The Alphas mate is called Lunar. They are respected just as much as the Alpha. They normally hold a strong hand on the household and pack like one big family. It's quite funny sometimes." He ends, chuckling slightly. Lucy looked up to him, gears clicking in her mind. "Sooo. Out of all of that, what are you and Parker?" She questions. "I have been chosen by the future Alpha to be his Beta. I am truly honored. Moonlight over there, he, is the future Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack. Josh is the new Lunar." Scotch answers. I stare in shock, not believing that I had been given one of the highest ranks. "That'd be about right. It'll be, entertaining." Parker says, smiling against my shoulder.

Hinders smirks evilly, I lay there frozen and red. "But... wait... no... but... what?" I jumble out. Parker begins laughing quietly, his chest vibrating from the sound. "It's nothing to worry about. People will help you adjust." Especially me. He speaks. "Okay, so, um, continuing on?" I ask, hoping Scotch would get the hint. "Yes, yes. All mates develop certain things. Mind-links and sense are the most dominant, everything else varies. Anyways. Mind-links are when you and your mate can talk through your minds, hence the name. Werewolves can also do this with pack members, certain special werewolves, and when in wolf form, every other wolf." He states. Just then, the door opens and two floppy eared wolves appear in the doorway. Slade walked over to the bed, jumped up, and laid at my side, lightly resting his head on my legs. Razor entered the room, closed the door, then laid at the foot of the bed, scaring Lucy. She moved closer to Scotch's chair, still on the floor.

"Hello boys. Nice of you to join us." Parker voices, catching the pups attention for a split second. "So, the senses thing is, kinda complicated. You can feel your mates emotions and they can feel yours. They influence your own mood and how you act. If they are in pain, you may experience your own but different. This can be useful, like today. But it drives some mates up the wall and over the edge. It's affect can be lessened, but that takes time and skill." Scotch explains. "To retrieve the sense, you must first connect your mind-link. After that, you and your mate will experience your own kind of... things." He says, smiling brightly. "Would you like to give it a try Lucy? They can figure it out on their own." He says, glint of joy in his voice. "Sure thing." Hinders responds.

The pair engaged in their own conversation, leaving the scene of the real world. I shifted slightly so that I could look Parker. So... want to go get something to eat? I'm kinda hungry. I question. Parker smiles and nods. I try to get up, but two firm hands stop me. You, my friend, aren't going anywhere just yet. You want a sandwich?" He says while getting up from the bed and walking towards the door. Yes please. Let me know what you guys have. I answer, receiving a slight nod. While waiting for Parker to voice in my head, I stroked Slade fur. He turned his whole attention onto me, tongue hanging happily. As I continued to play with his soft fur, his tail starting thumping a steady beat. Just as I was getting fully sucked into the pups cuteness, noise went off in my head.

Wehave tomato, lettuce, beetroot, ham, turkey, pork, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, someAmerican mustard and ranch dressing! Select a few and a sandwich will come. Parker sounded, making me smile because of hisenthusiasm. There's white-bread or whole-meal? \ Can I have a white, ham &turkey, lettuce, BBQ & mustard sandwich? I reply. Sure thing, cutie. Parker says, resulting in me blushing."Aw, no fair! You've already mind-linked with Parker. Why'd I have to wait?"Lucy whines, waiting for my answer. "He just sort of asked and well, it came inhandy, didn't it?" She nods, neither of us actually having the right answer forit. "I'm guessing you know where Moonlight went, don't you? If he's in thekitchen can he grab some chips for me?" Scotch asks. Chips? \ Coming your way. Parker voices.

Shortly after, Parker comes back holding two sandwiches and a big bag of chips. He sets the food on the bed. I immediately reach for the chips, open them, pour some onto my sandwich, then throw the bag at Eli. Parker gives me a look of confusion but quickly understands. "Didn't want to ask me yourself, ay Scotch?" He says, a sly smirk painting his face. "Why would I after the last time I asked you? You brought in an empty bag that you ate on the way to me!" Eli says, waving his hands around dramatically. Everyone in the room started to laugh. Even the wolf pups joined in.

*** *** ***

Everyone has been sitting and chatting in this little hospital type room for a couple of hours now. Scotch decided to join Lucy on the floor, me and Parker in a similar position to earlier. Razor was laying by the door, waiting to scare someone, while Slade was curled slightly against my left leg. "He didn't even look at anyone else. People were starting to think he had a crush on me!" Scotch exclaims. "I didn't hear those rumors." Parker murmured, obviously not liking remembering it. "Yes you did." Scotch fires back as the door opens. Dr. Nick tiredly walks into the room, seeming to not see the crowd of people. He reached for something at a table in the corner, then turned to confront us.

He scanned the room, carefully inspecting the way Parker and me were sitting. "Parker, you do remember me saying 'no touching the injured', right?" Sighing, Nick slowly rolled his head before continuing. "Everyone out. The patient needs to rest, so you all should leave. Even you Parker." He says, rolling his eyes at Parkers attempt of a puppy dog face. Scotch and Hinders said goodbye and left, Razor went to wander around. "But doc, wouldn't it be better if he slept in a comfy bed with things he's comfortable with?" Parker tried, receiving an odd look in return. "Where would he sleep? And what things is he comfortable with?" He says, looking as if he knows the answer but wants to hear it from somebody else. "He'd sleep in my room. Duh." Parker voiced. "Plus, I'm comfortable around the pups, and I don't do well with rooms similar to hospitals...." I trailed. Dr. Nick smiled softly. "Sure, sure, go ahead. But I want him back here first thing when he wakes up. I need to do some extra check-ups." He says, walking out of the room with a loud yawn. "Sweet. Hop on and away we go!" Parker semi-shouts, getting off the bed a crouching down a bit. I laugh while climbing on. He starts off walking but winds up jogging to his room, Slade trailing behind as usual. At least I will be in a comfortable atmosphere tonight, I thought, drifting off to sleep on Parkers back.