7- Breakfast, Scares & Wolves

Josh:

I awoke to something heavy on my stomach and slobbering tongues on my face. I attempted to get up only to be kept down by the heavy thing and paws on my chest. I tried again and this time was successful. As I looked down to see what was on my stomach, I came across a peaceful face. Then the information of last night flooded into my brain. Just as I carefully removed the head from my 6 pack of nothingness, I felt another slobbered tongue run across my cheek. I cringed and looked to my right to find 4 wolves standing there, wagging their tails happily.

I shook Parker with awake with worry. He stirred and sat up groggily. The wolves moved to lay around us. Parker seemed fine, as if it was a normal everyday thing. He then looked at my worry painted face and woke up fully. "Do you remember what I told you last night?" I just nodded my head. "Well, these guys aren't werewolves. I found them hurt and abandoned in the woods and took them in. So Josh. Meet Razor, Light, Duke & Slade. Pups, meet Josh." Parker said pointing to each one as he said their names. They barked after he was done, and they were exactly like pups. "Cute!" I exclaimed. The dogs got up and started laying across me, so I happily petted them. "Well, at least they like you. Probably because I was sleeping on you, on my floor." He awkwardly laughed.

After laying with the wolves for a bit, we decided to get some breakfast. We walked down some stairs and through some hallways before we finally made it into a massive kitchen. It looked like any other modern kitchen, but it was so shiny and clean, with sharp edges and a BIG island/breakfast bar. Me and Parker walked in with the wolves trailing behind. I stood awkwardly at the island, watching him gather ingredients and what not. It was 7 in the morning and nobody seemed to be around. I watched him prance around the kitchen, humming happily to himself. Soon, Parker had bacon sizzling on the stove, pancakes flipping, hash browns crisping, fruit sitting nicely, and maple syrup ready to pour. My mouth dropped open and my stomach rumbled. Parker obviously heard it, as he looked up with a small chuckle saying, 'It's almost ready'. He started putting everything on plates, spreading them out along the island. He grabbed some plates and one in front of me. "Dig in before my family gets up. You might not get anything if they come storming through here right now." I did as asked, and started filling my plate with the mouth-watering food. I took my first bite and practically moaned. I heard Parker chuckle, which made my face heat up. "HOW. How did you make such tasty food?!" I asked, pushing through my embarrassment. "My boy cooks a lot when he can." A new voice said, scaring me enough to fall off the stool I was sitting on. I turned on the floor to find an old man chuckling to himself... Great.

Narrator:

As the mysterious man continued to quietly chuckle about Josh, Parker helped his mate up. "Didn't mean to scare you kid." He said before laughing again. "Sorry again. What's your name kid?" He turned semi-serious ever so fast. "... Josh Kinkston, sir." Josh replied, reaching and receiving a firm handshake. "Nice to meet you. Alfred. No need to call me sir. It's so, strange to be formal with someone you don't need to be." He smiled at Josh and Parker warmly. "Just came to get some food to take back to your mother. She didn't want to disturb anyone with making breakfast, but it seems you beat her to it, again." Alfred said with a heart-felt chuckle. He gathered some food up and disappeared up the stairs he came from. "Sorry about that. He won't scare you all the time." Parker said. Josh nodded and looked down to his uneaten food. "All good. I'm just an easy scare." And with that he began to eat his delicious meal again, trying so hard to hide his pleasure.

8******8

"Are you sure you don't want to come down and mingle with everyone else? Your friend Lucy will be there." Parker pleaded from the open doorway of his bedroom. Josh shook his head, not wanting to leave the comfort of the floor or see other people. Parker sighed and linked Eli in. Scotch, could you bring Lucy up to my room please. He waited for the reply while staring at his mate. Yes Alpha! Eli replied. While he waited, Parker whistled and the wolf pups came bounding up the stairs and waited patiently beside him. "Go in boys. You don't mind, right Josh?" "No." The pups then laid around and on Josh, liking being in his presence.

"Hey Moonlight." Eli walked up to the doorway and stopped Lucy from walking right in. "Scotch. Let's go down to the party. I think these friends have something to discuss." Parker replied, looking at Josh. He and Eli then left. Lucy had been staring off into space as she wandered into Parkers room. "Hey Lucy." Josh said as the wolf pups growled at her. She instantly looked down and backed into a wall. "Oh, um. Could you sit at the doorway outside? They seem to be territorial." Josh said as he patted their heads to calm them. Lucy moved to the doorway and sat, still weary of the wolves. Josh lightly moved Slades' head off of his stomach so he could sit in the doorway, but still in Parkers room. Slade and Razor followed him and laid at either side. Light and Duke now laying on the bed, watching Lucy carefully. "Sooo... What's with the wolves?" She questioned her friend, who shrugged in reply. "You wouldn't believe what Eli tried to convince me of! Werewolves! He's crazy I say! Don't you agree!?" Josh shrugged again, playing with Slades' ear. "I bet you the whole house is crazy! Especially Eli and that Parker guy." She said, thinking that her friend would agree this time.

"Parker is not crazy. Nor is Eli or this household. I'm not crazy either." Josh said defensively, knowing his best friend too well. "Maybe you need time to think again, because, if they offer us a place to stay, I'll accept their offer." Josh said, finishing the conversation. He stood and started to leave the room with Slade on his heels and the others trailing behind slowly. Lucy jumped out of the way to avoided being trampled by the wolves, and started to run down the stairs to who-knows-where. Josh walked out to the kitchen, sitting at the beautiful island. He sighed with sadness and sat on the floor, allowing the wolves to lay over him again. He didn't want to argue with Lucy, but she needed to believe in werewolves. Josh then felt a presence hovering over him. "Not feeling well sonny?" A sweet warm voice questioned.

Sorry if you've been waiting, but I did a double update for y'all! Hope yous enjoyed! :)