16. Maybe

Lily

Looking at his lips first, I slowly glance up to his eyes " What do you think your doing?"

"Joining you" he says.

" I didn't think me in your lap is what you meant."

" Well, it was."

" Well, I don't think it's a good idea! I don't know you very well" I said, trying to get up off his lap, with no luck.

"You can get to know me" he said, pushing me back against his chest turning my legs sideways so I have no choice but to look at his face.

" How do I know your not some kind of psycho player just trying to get in my pants or use me? In case you didn't notice I'm not an easy person you can just take advantage of" I say defending myself.

" Do you think Jack would let me over here if that were the case? I have more respect then that."

" Well, even though Jack is my father, I still don't know him or you enough to trust you. My mother always said trust is earned not given. She is the reason I'm mostly here in the first place, to give Jack a chance."

Lifting his hand gently touching my cheek looking me in the eyes with his intense gaze.

"Can you a least give me a chance also? to prove myself, I liked you the minute I saw you. There was something in me that wants to be with you, I m not a perfect man and I won't pretend to be. We could take things slow if you'd like. Just know I never give up on what I want and what I want is you. So, can you please... give me a chance?"

"Maybe, but I'll need some time to think about it?" I say.

" That's all I ask" he replies, leaning back in the chair to allow me to get up if I wanted.

I realized I didn't want to get up but, I know I needed to. Juliet would be here any minute, so getting off his lap. I walked over to the painting designs we created.

" Your designs are beautiful! You are very talented. Where did you learn to draw like that?" I asked wondering.

"My mother before she passed away."

" Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." I say understanding.

"It's alright." He said

Hearing the door open I turned to see Juliet walking in with lunch.

"Thanks, Juliet" I say.

"It's quite alright dear, you know it's not a problem. It gives me something to do" she said.

Turning to Damien I introduce them. "Damien this my wonderful Nanna, Juliet. Juliet this is Damien"

Once they were done greeting one another Juliet walked around the room looking at all the designs we had done while Damien and I ate our lunch.

We were almost done eating when there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it" Juliet said opening it.

" Hello, I have some packages here to deliver" A man told Juliet.

" Okay, Thank you" she said moving out of the way so he could bring the boxes in.

After the guy left I looked over at Juliet " Thanks for getting the door I was expecting those, it's ink and supplies for the back rooms."

" Your welcome, I should get going though. I would like to get dinner started for later. It was a pleasure meeting you Damien. Maybe Lily here will invite you over to dinner with us some time. "She said, looking from him to me.

"I hope she will, it was nice to meet you Juliet" Damien said.

Once she was gone, Damien and I got back to work to finish our designs. A couple hours later we were finally done we left one wall white in the waiting room so other people with talent could share their art work if they wanted.

"Thank you for helping me today. Do you want me to pay you cash for your help?" I asked him.

"No Lily, I want you to think about what I said" he said looking me.

" Okay.., I'll think about it." I reply to him.

" Thank you, that's all I ask. Good night Lily"

"Good night" I reply, before he left for the night.

" Wow!" That's something to think about.

⭐⭐⭐

Vote 🌟 & comment 📝 if you like