42. Damn!

Beast

I was sitting here in the back corner of the club lost in thoughts listening to some music when Jack walked over and sat across from me placing a box on the table.

" You'll never guess what's in this!" he said with a gleam in his eyes.

Razing my eyebrows at him before taking a swig of beer before taking a better look at it. I do remember he said he was going over to Lily's place for dinner, and ever since she showed up Jack has slowly been turning back into the same person I grew up with and not the depressed pissed off man he had became after Mckayla (Sarah) left. I do have to admit. I was skeptical and wasn't sure what to think when Jack told me over the phone about when Lily first arrived. So I had to see for myself and turned around on my bike when I was on a trip to see my twin in the Phoenix Arizona prison.

Turns out when I saw Damien with Lily, she reminded me straight away of how things used to be back when Jack, McKayla, Mary and Zest were all together as young couples. I don't want the past repeating itself and have things turn out the way it did for my brother and his woman.

Lily seems to lighten up the lives of everyone around her that she encounters.

So, still looking at the box sitting in front of me knowing Jack had that gleam in his eyes and coming back from Lily's makes me wonder? What's really in it?

Lifting the lid, Damn! " How the fuck did you get these!" I say looking over at Jack in shock.

"Lily was looking through them before I got there and asked if I might be interested in looking at them" he said

" Are these yours to keep?" I ask picking up some of the pictures of Zest and I when we were younger and some with Mary.

" Yes! And I thought you might want to send some to Zest" he said taking in my reaction.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'd like that, he really loved Mary" I say looking through the rest of the pictures.

It's been eleven years that my twin has been serving for his twenty year prison sentence, and every damn day I feel like I never did enough to stop him from running out the door that day and killing that motherfucker the way they say he did. If Zest would've waited for me and the rest of the gang for his revenge we could've prevented him from wasting his life away behind bars.

Noticing Damien was walking our way I put the pictures back in the box not really in the mood to talk about my twin at the moment.

" Hey guys what are you up to? I thought you were at Lily's Jack" Damien said

" Yeah, I was but something came up and on my way back over here I seen that the carnival will be opening the day after Thanksgiving and I'm sure that when Lily and the other ladies from the club see it they'll wanna go. So, as a caution plan I was thinking we could make it a club thing and take them, what do guys think?" Jack asks

" Sounds like a plan" I said standing up grabbing the box from the table. "Jack I'm gonna make a call" I say leaving them to talk.

I hope these pictures can cheer Zest up a bit I think as I go to call my brother.

⭐⭐⭐

Vote and comment if you like