Chapter Three

Madelaine Petsch as Ruby Jakobs
Chapter Three "Fake Boyfriend."

For all my 17 years of living, my parents and family always made sure to remind me that I am beautiful the way I am

For all my 17 years of living, my parents and family always made sure to remind me that I am beautiful the way I am. They reminded me that I shouldn't change for anyone in this world, especially a guy. Because one day, there will be that guy that will think you are the prettiest girl he's ever seen in the world; an he will love you unconditionally. But shouldn't we feel like that all the time? Shouldn't we embrace ourselves and feel comfortable in our own skin? Well I don't.

I'm sure most people aren't. But the thing is, if you're confident then you're seen as conceited and a narcissist. My point of this is, we shouldn't put others down to make yourself feel better. I think that's what Nick does.

Currently I'm at school, making sure to stay as far away from everyone as possible. It's actually pretty easy when Max and Ruby are making out constantly, Tyler is so oblivious to the world and Jake simply doesn't care. And with dad's threat, Nick hasn't even glared at me. Chad is a different story...their group of friends also cannot stop looking at me. Not in a good way either, this is the most that anyone 'popular' has looked at me.

At the moment though, Jake, Max and Tyler are the new hot topic. Guys don't even mention Ruby due to the fact that only this morning, one poor fella cat called her. Max was there, he ended up with a bruised everywhere... including his ego.

But it's extremely hard to avoid people when you have classes with them, I'm just not ready to set myself up for disappointment. "What's up with you today?" Tyler asks for the hundredth time.

"Nothing," I groan.

"Are you sureee?" He drawls out the r sound. Jake slams his fist on the table and glares at Tyler in complete annoyance.

"Tyler, Faye said that she is fine. Fine means fine so shut up and stop asking!" He exclaims. Wow. That's the most I've heard him speak. Tyler raises his eyebrows and shrugs, looking at the front at the teacher. The bell goes and I quickly close all my books and rush out of the classroom.

"YOU B*TCH!" My wrist is grabbed and I'm pulled back, I gasp and turn around with wide eyes. "I can't even step a foot into your drive way now because of you! I'm grounded for a century and you're going to pay," he hisses.

"Chad what are you doing?" Nick asks, pushing through the swarm of people. "Faye?" His face portrays confusion.

"Let me go Chad," I struggle in his tight grip and it actually hurts. The pressure he's applying surely will leave a bruise, no one is doing anything about it. Not even Nick.

"It's this little sl*ts fault!" Chad shouts, Nick's eyes go dark.

"Don't call her that," he growls. Chad raises his eyebrows, oh so now Nick cares? I wiggle around trying to get out of his grip.