Chapter Twenty Three

I'm walking through the schools halls when I hear my name being shouted by multiple people, Nick comes running towards me. Something is wrong, I can feel it. Behind him charging towards me is Chad. What have I done this time? His look is scary and furious. "Faye, go now," he pushes me the other way.

"What have I done? I haven't done anything Nick!" Chad gets closer and closer. Everyone in the halls watches, they don't do anything. Nick holds him back, I see Tyler and Max pushing through the crowd to come and help. "What have I done this time Chad?"

"I know what you did little Lacuna," he growls as Nick holds him back. "You just being you is o annoying, why are you still here?" I roll my eyes, it always comes back to this and I couldn't care less anymore.

"Oh p*ss off, you and I both know that you like to blame me for every little thing that goes wrong in your life. Start accepting that you aren't perfect so you do mess up," he pushes past Nick to grab me. But Jake appears out of nowhere and grabs him with fast reflexes.

"What do you think you are doing?" Jake growls holding Chad with a tight grip. "You don't touch any girl you ass hat. Especially my girlfriend, you stay away from her! If i see you anywhere near her you will be sorry, this is my only warning. I will not warn you again, she has done nothing wrong for your hatred and foul behaviour."

He releases Chad and he begins to back away, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. Jake makes a move to grab Chad for his rude behaviour, but I grab Jake's hand trying to calm him down. "Jake stop, calm down. What he says doesn't matter," I assure him. 

"You know he is using you right. I can't exactly pinpoint what his deal is, but he wants something from you. What he wants, isn't you Faye; why are you trusting him?" Jake goes to attack him but I hold him back. I want to hear what he has to say. 

"Why should I trust what you say? For once why can't you let me be happy? I have a boyfriend that makes me happy and just because he makes me happy doesn't mean you have to try and ruin things by assuming that he is using me?" I shout angrily.

"Maybe because he is using you Faye! How can you not see? The new, 'attractive' boy finds an interest in little, pathetic, insecure Faye Lacuna. This isn't real, Faye. For once I am trying to look out for you," Chad grumbles distastefully. 

"You aren't trying to look out for me Chad, you are trying to bring my happy mood down. You are being the d*ck you always have been to me so stop this act!" He shakes his head at me, he has the audacity to be disappointed. Everyone should be disappointed in him, he cant be in me he is the one that has ruined absolutely everything good in my life. I am not letting him ruin this too.

Chad laughs, once his laughter slows down he smirks. "You let Jake in too easily, he will be your ruining. He will destroy you and when that day comes, don't say I didn't tell you so. Goodbye Faye," I watch as he turns his back on me, finished with getting his point across and he keeps walking. We just watch. 

##

The dinner table seems lonely, empty. It's too quiet, the only sound is the noise of the cutlery clattering against the glass plates. Mum is at the hospital with Brock, it is just Nick, dad and I. I hope the many dinners to come aren't like this. None of us dare to say a word, we can't. The thoughts of todays events lay heavily on my mind. Was Chad right? Maybe Jake secretly doesn't really like me? Deep inside me I have this feeling. It isn't a good one. I have this feeling that everything in my life is going to fall apart and I wont be able to do anything except sit back and watch my life being ruined by other people. 

When you fall for someone you are bound to get hurt, it shouldn't be that way but it's the sad truth. A guy will break your heart sooner or later, he will be the love you never forget. He will be the love you warn your daughters not to get trapped into. He will be the love you warn your sons to never treat a girl that way. I don't love Jake, but my feelings are pretty close to it. All I can think about is what Chad said. Jake will be my ruining, he will destroy me and I will be left blaming myself and Chad for not listening. No one ever listens. No one ever want's to hear the sad truth that everyone tells them about because people don't want to come to terms with the fact that someone they cared so much about hurt them so easily. 

I excused myself from the table, emptied my plate and placed it in the dishwasher. Then I headed upstairs to think more about my life in a sadder way. I just sat at the edge of my bed not knowing what to do, needing advice. Needing something significant to happen in my life to give me some sort of sign. Nothing happened. The silence surrounded me and I realised that I need my place, the forrest. 

##

The cold wind was nipping at my skin, i didn't care as I stared out at the stars above me. I didn't care what dangers were in the forrest. I needed to be alone, I was surrounded by people so much that it felt like I was suffocating and changing into a person who I don't want to be. Then I realised, there always is a downfall in a relationship maybe Jake and I's downfall is coming soon. I hoped not, but i knew it was bound to happen. Something was going to seperate us, no matter how hard we tried to stay together and be strong it wouldn't work. My phone vibrated in my pocket, I grab it out to see Jake is calling. I sigh and answer with a bit of reluctance. 

"I dropped by your house, Nick said you weren't home. Where are you Faye? Has something happened? Are you okay?" He asks with concern in his voice, I sigh and stare up at the brightly lit night sky. 

"I am fine."

"You don't sound fine," he fires back at me.

"I just needed time to think about stuff, I needed to be in a place where I knew no one could bother me." He exhales loudly, noticeably frustrated. I sit up and look at the ground, kicking the tiny rocks and watching as they roll away. 

"Can you come back? I want to see you," I sigh and stand up, beginning to walk to my car. "Are you sure you are okay?" I get in my car and begin driving home.

"I am fine. We will talk more when I get back to my place, I'll see you soon."

I drive into my driveway, seeing Jake standing there. He is tense it seems, he turns around when he hears my car. I park it and get out walking over to him, what is all of this about? He hugs me tightly, I hug him back. "You don't believe what Chad said do you?" He asks me. I shrug, truth be told I don't know what or who to believe. 

"Is it true Jake? I want you to tell me right here, right now hoe you really feel about me. I don't want any lies, I am sick of all the lies and not knowing the truth. I deserve to know the truth, all I have done is stood by you even after you treated me badly," he sighs and runs a hand through his hair. 

"I love you, Faye. It p*sses me off how people try to tell you otherwise and sometimes you even decide to believe it. I would do anything for you, you make me so happy and I am the luckiest guy because you are my girl and my girl only. I love you Faye Lacuna, it may not seem like it at times but I really do. I love you." I cover my mouth with my hand, I am shocked. I never expected him to open up like this, this time I will believe him. I won't ket what others say about our relationship, him or me affect anything. 

I hug him tightly, I never want to let him go and I am pretty sure he doesn't want to let me go either. "I love you too, Jake." 

He kisses me passionately, this seems like a slightly cringe worthy moment. But I don't care, Jake Collins makes me happy and I love him. Flaws and all. Jake Collins is mine just as I am his.