Chapter Thirty Five

I stare at the letter on my bedside table, feeling afraid to open it. I've been sitting here for three hours, staring. Not having the mental capacity to open it and look inside. Groaning, I lay back on my bed and sigh looking up at my ceiling. I throw the wrapper from all of the chocolates I've been eating on the bed, I'm surrounded by food.

"What the hell is this?" Brandon exclaims, looking around my room at the countless of wrappers on my floor and bed. As well as the stacks of pancakes on my bed with whipped cream, syrup, Nutella and strawberries that the cook made for me. I've been taking the chef that was hired recently to my advantage.

"I'm skinny, okay?" I pout. He laughs and sits down on my bed after moving the chip packets off my bed, he scrunches his nose up when he nears me and waves his hand over his nose.

"You need a bath, with lots and lots of conditioner. Go on and have one while I clean your room up a bit and sanitise this shit." I laugh and stand up, waking to my bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and cringe slightly, is this what heartbreak does to you? Makes you look absolutely disgusting. I sigh and remove my clothes and turn on the shower. I wash my body with my body scrub then triple wash my hair after the smell of alcohol lingers from nick tripping over me. I look down at  myself and rub my stomach, feeling slightly sick. My throat tightens as I feel the vomit coming up my throat, I open the shower door and hurry to the toilet, throwing up everything I've eaten.

"ouch," I groan. Brandon knocks on the door as I continue spewing the contents of this mornings breakfast and last nights dinner up. I grab my towel and cover myself, "Brandon," I groan.

He barges into the room and turns off the shower, then walks over to me to rub my back as I repetitively throw up. "Did you eat that much at the party?" He questions. Brandon couldn't make it because he was at a meeting.

"I'm fine, I'll be fine. It's honestly nothing," I shrug wiping my mouth. He helps me stand whilst I hold the towel around my body, I flush the toilet then walk over to the sink to gargle mouth wash and get rid of the horrid taste of vomit. Why does it burn so much? I cough and Brandon hands me water, I skull it down immediately. I bend down and open my cupboard, noticing the pads and tampons that appear straight away. I gasp. When was the last time I got my period?

I recall the events at Jakes, the night I ended things officially with him. The amount of times we had sex was crazy, he also didn't wear a condom for most of that as I remember. "Brandon, we need to go to the chemist now," I growl out. He doesn't even question me as I throw on clothes and we both hurry to his car.

"Haven't got your period?" He knows it too. What if I am pregnant with Jakes baby? What would I do? What would my parents say? I ended things with him over a month ago and this would complicate everything. We arrive at the chemist, both of us hurrying out of the car to get the pregnancy tests. "Do you have a toilet in here?" he asks the worker girl, she nods and points to a door. We both eye it as we storm to it, I go in and sit down on the toilet whilst Brandon waits outside. I open the packet and pee on the stick, I pee on multiple tests to be 100%. I look at the first test seeing the big positive sign, then the next 3 that have the exact same sign.

I scream and Brandon slams the door open, looking at the tests straight away. "I'M PREGNANT!" I shout at the same time he screams-

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"What am I going to do? DO I tell Jake? No, I cant tell him. This isn't what we planned, this isn't what I planned," I rub my hands over my face with frustration.

"You need to tell him, you need to tell your parents. Ohmygod, what is your dad going to say? Will he kill him, will your babies daddy be dead?" He panics, I go silent looking at him with an incredulous face. "Lets go tell him," he insists.

"No! I mean... I cant tell him. I have ended everything, I just cant," he drags me out to his car. He drives away straight away, "You better not be driving me to Jake's." He stops the car and I look outside, we are in fact at the familiar mansion that belongs to Jake. I notice his car not there, I however notice a woman exiting his house making my eyes well with tears. He would move on that quickly?

"I'm sorry Faye," he quickly apologises.

"Just take me home, now!" I demand. He pulls out of the driveway and takes me home, the ride is silent and painful. I dont hide the tears running down my face, he found someone else already. This gives me more of an excuse to not tell him about the baby on its way. We arrive at my house, I open the door and slam it behind me as I run inside.

"Faye, are you okay?" mum asks. I ignore her and walk up to my room with Brandon following behind after reassuring her I'll be fine.

"Is that from him?" He asks me with curious eyes. I shrug and turn it over, my name is written on the back in messy handwriting. I open the letter and grab out the piece of paper inside.

Faye,

Im sorry for disappointing you. I'm sorry for not being there enough and fighting. I felt the need to attempt to kill your father because he killed mine, I was so wrong though. This are reminds me too much of you, when I would tap your foot with my own and you would trip over and scrape your knees. I felt terrible, but you got back up with a smile on your face and kissed me. I remember all of our movie dates and our nights out under the stars, how can I forget any of it when im here. How can I be here and not touch and kiss you, when you need me I'll be there, baby. I know this won't want to make you come back to me, but I love you Faye. Thats why I can't be here anymore. I'm leaving for good, if you want me to stay then meet me at the bridge at 6 o'clock today. Theres no one else but you.

Yours sincerely,
Jake

I look at the clock on the wall reading 5:45pm. Our bridge, he wants me to stop him but can I? Brandon reads the letter with my permission as I think about what to do. Im carrying his baby for peeps sake so what can I do?

"Are you going to meet him? You have 15 minutes, how long does it take to get to the bridge?" He asks me.

"15 minutes from here, 10 if you speed," I shrug.

"So what are you going to do?"

That's the question on both our minds, what am I going to do? I love him and I need him so don't you think I should get him back and maybe this baby will change things. He deserves a second chance I guess. I need Jake, I need to get him back. So I've made up my mind, I will go meet him.

"Faye, you have ten minutes to get there, what do you want to do?" He shakes me. I stand up and run downstairs, he knows my decision now. I will go to meet him, we will be together again. I run to my car an open my door, speeding away immediately. Brandon watches from the front door as I speed out the driveway and to our bridge. I swerve past cars dangerously, but I need to stop him from leaving. I read the clock, it shows that I have 5 minutes left. He needs to be there still, he needs to be there. Im stopped by the traffic on the roads and I growl, noticing a parking space. I swerve in, hardly parking and grab my keys and slam the door shut. I run as fast as I can to stop him from leaving, I'm sweating and out of breath but I dont give up.

As I near the bridge, I look out for him but don't see him. I stand on the bridge, looking around and read the time. '6:11' Im late. He's gone. I drop to the floor, crying out in heartbreak. I was coming for him, I really was and now he's gone.

I was too late.

So what do y'all think? Don't worry there's still more to come!!

Don't forgot to comment, vote and follow
queenkeely