Chapter Twenty Four

The next day at school was tiring, my family and I had stayed at the hospital with Brock. He doesn't seem to be getting better, the doctors only expect him to live 2 more years. We all cried, dad tried being brave but he ended up breaking down into tears. Dad wants to see Jake again tonight, so I invited him over for dinner. It better go well but I have a bad feeling something terrible is going to happen. 

Ruby appears and smiles at me, "I think it is a bad idea to invite Jake over tonight. He just isn't in the right head space you know." I scrunch my eyebrows up and look at her in confusion. 

"I thought this was a good thing. You were excited when I told you that he is coming over, what's the sudden change?" She is honestly so confusing. I wonder if she knows something. Jake appears and wraps an arm around my waist and kisses my cheek, my stomach fills with butterflies and my heart warms. 

"Hey babe, excited for tonight?" He asks and smirks. I nod excitedly, Jake had been inviting on coming over so I finally invited him. I honestly hope things go well, dad obviously doesn't like the idea of his daughter dating so he totally repels away.

"yeah..." I drag the word out, briefly looking back to Ruby in confusion. She shakes her head at me and shrugs, then walks away without giving an explanation. I cannot read minds, she must know that. I don't know what is going on and why it is a bad idea to have Jake over tonight. I don't know what's going on in his life because he is secretive and doesn't tell me anything. I hate having to assume things, and act like I know about him and what has been going on when I don't. We are dating and he told me he loves me, shouldn't there be some comfort to tell me?

"I'll be on my best behaviour," he whispers into my ear cheekily. I push his face away from mine and look away from the direction Ruby had just left. my curiosity is eating me alive. "I have some sh#t to do today so I won't be at school, behave okay?" I scrunch my eyebrows up and place my hands on my hips. 

"Again? Are you going to tell me what you have to do that's so important this time?" He always seems to disappear most days, he never tells me why. Which is bad because I know that I will find out in the end. It's easier for him to be honest with me than have to hear things from other people. 

"Sorry baby, can't tell you this time either. It's confidential information, I'm sure you understand and respect that." I frown at him, I cant help but wonder. I have this bad feeling in me, that what he gets up to I won't necessarily like. Maybe, just maybe it could ruin things between the two of us. Or maybe he gets up to some real bad shit. 

"And that's always your response," I grumble and turn away from him to walk the opposite direction of him. He grabs me by the waist, stopping me from taking any further steps and nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck. 

"Don't be mad at me. Why are you mad at me?" 

"Jake, I am your girlfriend. You told me that you loved me last night and you cant even tell me anything about your life? Do you not trust me or does it make you uncomfortable that I know? There are so many secrets in our relationship and I don't like it one bit." He rolls his eyes at me which makes me frown and stomp away to the girls bathroom. 

"Faye, come out now," he says against the other side of the door that he knows he cant enter without getting a detention and a detention for him means suspension because none of the teachers like him and he doesn't exactly have a good record. One more detention leads to a suspension. "Don't make me open this door!" He exclaims.

"You were being rude so go away and don't come over tonight, okay?" I say. What Ruby said to me is in the back of my mind, maybe there is a good reason as to why she said its a bad idea to invite him over tonight. He doesn't seem to be in the right headspace at the moment either. I walk away from the door and enter one of the cubicles to pee. While I'm comfortably sitting doing my business, I hear the main door open and I really hope it isn't Jake. I finish up and flush the toilet then open the door to see him standing there frowning deeply.

I push past him to clean my hands and I ignore him easily, "I'm coming over." He snaps at me and I look at his reflection in the mirror, one eyebrow raised at him trying to figure out how he assumes he can decide that for me. 

"I have made my decision. You are moody which is not a good time to see my dad, you dont wanna make him angry. Good things won't happen so please dont come over, if you come I will end up sending you home okay?" He clenches his jaw and punches the mirror causing it to shatter around his fist and fall onto the bench. I gasp and spin around to face him, feeling shocked and confused as to why he is so angry and why he would do that. "What the hell? Are you crazy?! Why would you do that. You honestly need to calm down, go hang out with your friends I can't speak to you at the moment you're just irritating me instead."

He doesn't look like he's in pain, I look at his bloodied knuckles and sigh getting some toilet paper and running the cold water over it. I clean up his fist then throw the toilet paper in the bin. He doesn't look me in the eye, he sighs and turns his face to where the door is and then starts walking away, not saying a single word. I just stare at his back as he opens the door and leaves. 

                                                                                                          ''''''

I'm laying in my bed at 5:30 when my door opens and Jake walks in my room, I sit up on my bed and frown. I told him to not come and he doesn't even listen. It's like talking to a brick wall. His hand is bandaged up and he strides towards me while I stare at him with big wide eyes, feeling anxious. "W-what are you doing?" He pulls me up and kisses me. I push him back, feeling confused.

"I'm sorry." He hugs me tightly and falls back onto the bed with me onto. Okay, maybe he can stay for dinner.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hey all I know I haven't updated in ages and im sorry. I have been experiencing shit.

Did anyones ex ever break up with you yet they still loved you and claim that it isn't good for our mental health. And if they loved you did they come back eventually? I need major relationship advice please either leave a comment or message me. 

queenk