Chapter Four

Chapter Four "Slipping in The Mud"

People watch me walk down the halls like a hawk, its like suddenly the world knows who I am and it feels like I'm being violated. I just want them to stop noticing me, my twin is the one that is good at being the centre of attention. "This wasn't the plan," someone hisses.

"Plans change and.... oh hey Faye," Ruby smiles. I look between her and Jake in curiosity, he rolls his eyes and pushes off the locker and walks off grumpily.

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"Uh he's just grumpy because he has to be a fake boyfriend, he says he's not free. Whatever that means," Ruby rolls her eyes.

"Is there a problem with you and Prince Charming?" Mai Brett smirks. "You know... I can always have him," she grins evilly. Why is she so evil looking yet so gorgeous? How can she do that? Mai Brett is one of Chad's occasional flings, he has poor taste in girls. She doesn't respect herself or anyone, she just flings herself at the closest guy. She was once good like all the people here, yet they changed to try and fit into our society.

"Back off biatch," Ruby growls. Mai rolls her eyes and looks at me, I stay silent and look away like the weak little girl I am.

"Got yourself a guard dog Lacuna?" She looks me over in disgust.

"Hey! Only I can call her that, she's my little Lacuna," my posture straightens as I hear that voice. I spin around, a grin on my face as I see Tyrese standing there in all his glory. I run up to him and jump on him, giving him the biggest hug ever.

"Tyrese, what are you doing here?" I exclaim happily. I wish he were still here, but you have to graduate at one time right. This is my final year, I keep reminding myself. No more bullying. No more Chad... well not as much. No more Mai... no more anyone. No more hurting.

"Well Little Lacuna, I came here to talk to the principle about a few things. I've heard that Chad and Nick have been giving you a hard time?" He frowns.

"Tyrese, you already knew that they did. You witnessed it, but it's gotten worse since you've graduated. I don't really want to talk about that while you're here and I haven't seen you in ages! How's life been? Have you been studying? I need to meet your girlfriend! What's her name again?" I ask.

"Wow, wow, wow. Calm down Little Lacuna. Life has been alright, yes I have even studying- law is hard as f*ck. Her name is Amy, bloody hell you need to meet her because she is amazing," he smiles, looking off into space. I click my fingers, trying to get his attention.

"Um, Faye?" Ruby questions. I look at her and smile apologetically, I completely forgot that she's here! How could I be so rude?

"I'm so sorry, Ruby this is Tyrese.... he's like a big brother to me. Tyrese, this is Ruby Jakobs," they shake hands and Ruby looks around in panic. "What's wrong?" I whisper.