Chapter Twenty-one

"When are we going to see Jake again sweetie?" Mum asks, flipping the eggs that are on the stove. I sigh and scratch my head, noticing that Haylee and Ben are sitting at the table as well. I raise my eyebrow at mum, she raises one back. "They stayed the night, so did Titus and Emberly. We have plenty of rooms so I didn't see the problem."

"Okay. Is Em and T still asleep?" I ask, grabbing a piece of toast and I shove it in my mouth. Mum nods and puts the food she cooked on a plate. I sit down next to Haylee and sigh, "mum, Jake hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend yet."

She smiles and dad walks into the dining room, he kisses mum on the cheek and grabs two of the plates with stacks of food on it and takes it over to the table so we can dig in. "He will... Soon. You just have to be patient," she grabs the plate with toast on it and walks around the kitchen counter towards the table. Nick takes a seat at the table, Brock must be sleeping still. I can't deal with school anymore. Emberly walks into the dining room with Titus literally rights behind her, holding her hands while his body is pressed against hers.

"I'm actually going to the beach with him the weekend coming," I say, looking at her. Titus and Emberly both take a seat, then both of my parents do. Dad gives me a look, I know what is coming next.

"No you're not," dad shakes his head. "He could use that to his advantage, no. I will not allow it!" He slams his fist onto the table, his anger getting the best of him like always. He is so protective and it is very irritating.

Mum slaps him lightly then smiles at me, "of course you can sweetie. Don't listen to your father, he knows absolutely nothing darling." She slaps dad's thigh and he glares at her, slapping hers but lighter. Much much lighter. "You know what Valentino, shut up. Don't be a hypocrite."

"How am I being a.... Wait never mind. Fine, you can go. Curfew of 8pm, got it?" I squeal and nod, shoving more food into my mouth then standing up. "Have fun at school Faye!" I wave and grab my bags and keys then walk outside to my car.

**

I arrived at school just before the bell. Ruby welcomed me with a hug, Max waves and Jake wraps his arms around me and kisses me on the lips, my eyes widen and I kiss him back eventually. I wrap my arms around his neck and smile in happiness against his lips.

"What a boost of confidence right there," he says when we pull back. He clicks his fingers and Tyler appears with a box of chocolates and red roses. Is this the moment where he actually asks me to be his girlfriend? He thanks Tyler then grins at me. "Faye Lacuna, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks. I nod furiously and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist in happiness. The bell goes, so he places me down on the ground. I look at Ruby, she smiles at me after a moment.

Everyone watches me Jake and I as we walk down the halls, his arm around my waist while I'm holding the Lindor chocolates and red roses. "Where are you going now?" I ask him, referring to classes. He pulls me even closer and kisses my cheek.

"Wherever you're going."

The bell rings finally after this long excruciating day of school, to think that i have another week of this crap. School, I mean. All I want to do is go to the beach with my new amazing boyfriend. "Make sure you finish your homework, I will be checking on Wednesday!"

I sigh, I havent been to my spot in ages. I guess I just haven't been as sad as I was, I'm now happy and I'm glad. But it is still my peaceful place. After saying goodbye to everyone, I walk to my car and start driving home. I happen to drop by my place though just so I can sit down and relax, enjoying the fresh air.

Now this, is happiness.

**

Saturday came around quickly, dad gave me a warning that he would chop off Jake's fingers if he tried anything. Jake picked me up and after an hour of singing, we finally arrived at the beautiful beach. He opens the car door for me and grabs my hand. All eyes are on him as he stands tall and handsome, it angers me slightly that they cannot keep their eyes to themselves. But, I'm proud that he is now my boyfriend.

I grab the beach bag with our towels and sunscreen while my phone keeps buzzing in my hand from Ruby spamming my phone on all social media accounts. I open my snapchat and grab his chin, pulling his face against mine so I can take a photo.

"Just a big aggressive babe, I know you want me but you could just ask me politely," he winks at me being annoying. I roll my eyes and push his face away from mine, I begin to walk away but he grabs my waist. "You aren't going anywhere," I giggle and race him to the beach, making sure to shove him first so I can get a head start.

I cackle cheekily, but I'm shoved to the ground. I end up eating sand that children have been standing all over. That is disgusting. I sit on my ass and frown, girls laugh at me and so do guys and I just sit there in embarrassment, trying to ignore how amused they are. Jake stands in front of me, laughing so hard not caring how mortified I am. I frown and cross my arms over my chest, "you're so mean."

"Sorry babe. Let me help you up," I shake my head, not wanting him to help me. But he grabs my hips and lifts me up, how is he that strong? We set up our towels on the beach. "Wanna do my back for me Faye?" I nod, secretly very excited to touch his amazing strong back muscles. He lays on his stomach and I sit on his lower back, rubbing sunscreen all over his shoulders and back. He is one beautiful man. His olive skin is now glowing, his curly hair in a mess. Once im finished he does my back too, his large hands moving around my back. I close my eyes and sigh, he is so amazing.

"I'm still mad at you."

He is about to say something but someone cuts him off, "Collins? Is that you?" A tall man, whom looks like he is in his late twenties appears out of no where. I look at Jake, his eyes widen and he stands. I stayed seated and look at both of them, his face is impassive- no emotion on his face whatsoever. It's strange, it's like the old Jake.

"Sin," Jakes shakes the mans hand. "I don't believe we have anything go on..." What he said made zero sense, I decide to stand. Sins eyes zone in on me and he raises an eyebrow. Jake pulls me to him in a protective manner and I look at him suspiciously.

"This is a friend," I stare at him in shock. A friend? I shove his chest and storm away. Why did he not say I'm his girlfriend? He didn't say the truth. "FAYE!" Jake shouts after me, I keep walking not acknowledging him. I only acknowledge him when he grabs me and spins me around.

"Don't touch me! Are you embarrassed Jake? What is so wrong with me that you can't admit it to people?" My eyes water and I shake my head, he runs a hand through his hair and shakes his head.

"You know that's not true." I raise my eyebrow and extend my arms.

"Is it not? It seems like it is, so why don't you just leave me alone? I will find my own way home," I glare at him, he doesn't let me go. He seems angry, furious to be exact.

"I was protecting you. You don't know the type of man he is," Jake growls. "You're not leaving me," tears fall, I have always been ashamed of who I am and this just affects me so much.

"You know how my brother made me feel, you know how everyone made me feel Jake. I like you so much and it just felt like you were embarrassed," he shakes his head and kisses me deeply.

"F*ck no, have you seen yourself? You are amazing, Faye. Believe me princess when I say it was only to protect you," I hug him and sigh. "I'm sorry gorgeous."

"I believe you," he kisses me on the lips once more and grabs my hand, leading me to the cool ocean. "Good idea," I say. My legs push through the rough water, I jump on his back as he glides us through the water and I laugh.

After hours of playing in the water until our skin is extremely wrinkly, we decide to go grab some fish and chips. My phone rings and I roll my eyes when I see it's my dad. "Who was it?" Jake asks.

"My dad," he chews slowly whilst nodding.

"Right..."

##

Hi all it has taken a bit to update but all exams are finished, this update isnt that good but here it is.

comment, vote and follow

keely