Chapter Eight

Hey!
Chapter Eight "Drunk, scared, feelings."

Listen to 'Time after Time' by Cyndi Lauper because it's my favourite song currently.

I'm surrounded

I'm surrounded. Surrounded by people who are suffering with their own trauma and want to forget. I'm like every other week person out there who thinks drinking can solve all the problems in this world.

The music is loud, people are dancing so boldly with no shame whatsoever. They're forgetting and enjoying themselves. Then there's others, playing beer pong or some sort of alcohol game to 'have fun.'

It feels like I'm not meant to be in this sort of scene, yet here I am... and I'm desperate to fit in for once. Desperate to be a normal teenager and experience new things that everyone else does. I, Faye Lacuna am at a party and vow to enjoy it. Holding back a smile, I walk over to the drinks area and pour myself a shot of vodka and throw it down. I then fill up a whole glass filled with the stuff that burns my throat.

"Faye Lacuna... at a party?" I spin around and raise my eyebrows at a guy I believed to be named Mitchell. He looks shocked as hell as he pours some coke into a cup then some rum. I eye it as he brings it to his lips and makes a sound of contentment. "This is the best sh*t right here," he raises his glass.

"Let me try some," not waiting for his permission, I snatch the glass and take a sip of the beverage. I nod slowly and hand him his glass back, "not bad I suppose."

"Not bad," he scoffs. "It's freaking amazing!" He throws his hands up in the air making me laugh.

"Okay, okay... its amazing," I smile and he sighs.

"So Faye Lacuna, what are you doing at a party? Doesn't seem like your scene to be honest," My eyebrows raise.

"Doesn't seem like my scene? We were born to party Mitchell, some more than others. I'm trying to have fun," he studies my face for a while then shrugs and offers me his hand.

"It's not a party without a dance," I take his hand and smile.

"What a gentlemen you are," I tease as he leads me to the dance floor. The music is up beat and it sends vibrations through my body, it feels like I'm going to explode soon of too much radiation exposure. I hope the beats of the music is actually radiation exposure... or maybe I've just had too much to drink.

His hands settle on my hips, it doesn't feel right and it makes me feel uncomfortable but I don't remove them. I sway my hips and let myself go to the music and alcohol. "You're a pretty neat dancer," He huskily whispers into my ear. The uncomfortable feeling in my stomach increases and I grab his hands, trying to get them off me. "What's wrong? You were all for me touching you before."