Chapter Eighteen

I know it hurts. You're reading this now trying to figure shit out, you don't want to give up but you know it's time to leave. I don't blame you for staying. But i need you to know that you deserve more than he's willing to provide - r.h. Sin

"I saw you on the fields with Collins," Chad says as I'm walking down the halls to my friends for lunch. I don't see why he had to mention Friday night. I haven't talked to Chad in ages, he kind of backed off ever since Nick and i became even closer recently.

"Did you?" I say in a bored tone, I do not really have time for whatever negative thing i know he will end up saying to me to try and put me down. He nods, and stays silent for a moment. "Well, is that all?"

"He won't stay you know. Do you really believe that Jake Collins actually likes you and will actually stay? He'll get bored, he will realise the mistake he is making by being with you. Or maybe he has already realised the massive mistake he is making, maybe he is planning his break up speech. You aren't good enough for him, or anyone at all. You are Faye Lacuna, a nobody." I wasn't surprised that he said that, I didn't show him how much his words hurt me. I stares at him and glared.

"I am not a nobody. Just because your life is miserable doesn't mean mine will be, why can't you just be happy for me for once? What have i ever done to you? I've always been good to you. But I've had to deal with your bullshit my whole life. Yes Chad, somebody likes me. Shocking, I know. But don't put me down for it," I give him a look of disgust. He is about to open his mouth to say something stupid but somebody cuts into the conversation.

"Is there a problem here?" We both look at Jake, his eyebrows are raised and his arms are crossed over his large chest. I try not to drool at him and focus on the situation at hand. When Chad and I both stay silent he says, "well...?

"Nothing going on here, Chad was just leaving. Weren't you, Chad?" I glare at him in warning, he obviously doesn't see my warning sign. He is going to get his head bashed into a wall.

"You are playing her, aren't you? You are going to leave her eventually, I just know it. Everybody leaves Faye because she is so annoying," I look at the ground, he always has to put me down. Jake growls and I hear a slamming sound, my heads whips up to see Chad pushed against the lockers- Jake gripping his throat.

"You don't know anything, you don't know my feelings."

Chad attempts to laugh but it just comes out as a noise an animal would make if it were dying. "Jake, stop." He doesn't put him down, Chad is slowly turning blue and is trying to remove Jake's hands. "JAKE STOP IT! LET HIM GO, NOW!" Jake drops him, he slides down the wall and pants trying to suck in as much oxygen as possible. Jake storms off, I have to run to catch up to his fast pace. "Jake, stop,"

He stops and spins around, "stop following me, just leave me alone!" He roars, everyone stares at us and my eyes widen. A gasp escapes my lips and I slowly back away from him, he must have realised what he said only minutes later because he is running after my form that is running away from him. He grabs my wrist and spins me to him, "Faye, stop running from me, please. Im sorry, i didn't mean to say that."

"I don't want to be treated like I don't matter."

"You do matter, I am sorry I was just in the moment and i was angry with him and myself," he loosens his grip on me and sighs.

"Why would you be angry with yourself? You did nothing wrong, Chad was the one that did something wrong." He shakes his head to himself and sighs, cupping my cheek. I frown, is there something he isn't telling me? Could he possibly be seeing someone else behind my back? I don't voice my thoughts this time.

"Never mind. Let's just go meet with everyone now, they must be wondering where we are," He grabs my hand and i stare at him. Wondering if i have done something wrong because all I've been made to feel like is that I'm always the one that causes the problems. Im always the one that makes people leave in the end.