Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten "Boys, a sleepover and 7 minutes in heaven."

It's a hot summer day, February the 5th

It's a hot summer day, February the 5th. I'm sitting on a rock in my forest, the trees are all in a perfect line, well the section where I'm looking. The shadows of the trees are perfectly next to each other, not one over lapses another. The trees seem to stay still, not an ounce of wind blowing them or making this day any cooler. But I needed to come here to get my thoughts together, it is my escape after all. The grass is turning brown from the hot sun, it hasn't rained in weeks and it needs to rain desperately.

I haven't seen Jake, Max, Tyler and Ruby in 2 weeks. They disappeared suddenly and it's as if they aren't coming back. School isn't that bad with mr Carter there, other than that it's extremely boring and even though I didn't even hang out with them before... I feel even more lonely than I did. Mr Carter wasn't at school for 2 days due to the bad cold that's going around, I was even more alone and I was looking around like a lost puppy because I had no idea what to do.

Ever since the party incident, people have steered clear of hurting me in any way. They saw what Jake did and how angry he had gotten, so now they are afraid that if they ends with me, he will teach them a 'lesson' in his own ways.

I don't know who that guy was that tried to rape me, my parents have no clue what happened that night. Only my brother knows and he swore an oath not to tell them, I don't need them worrying and most importantly... no one wants to deal with the wrath of my scary father.

As days pass, we think of Brock and how close it is to the day he's coming home. Well, he's coming home February the 6th. Tomorrow. I can't seem to contain my excitement at seeing my younger brother in less than 24 hours away. It's been 2 months since we last saw him due to summer camp, he finished summer camp three days ago but mum and dad sent him to the hospital to do the normal checkups he needs once in a while. His cancer has stayed the same so far, it hasn't gotten worse but nearly all cancers is life threatening and it scares me to death that I could loose him soon. I've prayed every night for him and any other person in the world who is going through what he is, or some other kind of diseases and sicknesses. But to me, God hasn't been answering prayers lately. Or never.

We can only pray for a miracle now.
##
"Nick, leave me alone," I repeat for the hundredth time, keeping my eyes closed behind my sunglasses as I suntan on a beach chair in our pool area.

"What is it with you girls and suntanning? First of all, it causes skin cancer which we really don't need to deal with Faye. Secondly, it's f**king hot as and we have a pool so you might as well swim in it. Thirdly.... I have no third point," he finishes, I open my eyes and roll them at him.

"I don't feel like swimming at the moment," I shrug and close my eyes again. Suddenly, my body is lifted off the chair, swung over Nick's shoulder as he runs to the pool then dunked under the freezing cold water when he jumps in. I kick him and scratch at him until he releases me, I push off the ground and take a deep breath as I resurface from the water. "You're a w**ker! You know that?!" I screech at him, doggy paddling towards the edge of the pool.