Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen "Jeremy."

"Jake

"Jake. What are you doing here?" I'm shocked and surprised, he clears his throat.

"I...um, you left this at my house," he holds my phone in his hand and I swallow, looking up at him and taking my phone from his grasp.

"Thank you," I smile slightly.

"Who's this?" Someone's voice interrupts us, I turn around to face mum. She looks between Jake and I with cocked eyebrows, I gulp. I know she's not going to care that I'm somewhat friends with a guy, but dad will. And any other guy in my family. "Well?" Mum crosses her arms over her chest when we don't answer.

"Oh this is my friend Jake, Jake this is my mum," Jake smirks slightly, why does he never smile? It's irritating and handsome at the same time. Mum grins and walks closer to us, extending her hand for a handshake.

"Hello, nice to meet you. Why don't you come in? Have some food and join our family," mum invites him in and he nods too eagerly for my liking. Mum ushers us outside to the table filled with everyone, everyone looks our way as we walk in with a new face. I watch my fathers reaction as mum introduces Jake, "this is Faye's friend, Jake. This is the Gang Jake."

"Hello," he says politely. Dad narrows his eyes at our close proximity, it's Jakes fault he's the one that decided to move really close to me. I side step away from him slowly and cough, Amy stands and moves her chair over so we can fit another chair in between.

"Grab that chair Jake," mum points to a chair in the corner. Jake wanders over towards it and I go sit down on my chair that I was sitting in before. Dad growls as Jake fits his chair in between Amy and I and takes a seat.

"Jake, do you go to school with my daughter?" Dad grumbles distastefully. Jake stares at him for a moment then replies.

"Yes actually, I do."

"So do you two like each other?" Nova asks.

"Is that even a question? Of course they like school other, look at them; young love, they're so cute together!" Amalia exclaims in excitement. My eyes widen and the water that was in my mouth comes right back out. Dad slams his fist on the table in anger, I can hear him breathing heavily and I can practically see steam coming out of his nose and ears. He's livid.

"Dad-" he holds his hand up silencing me.

"I don't want to hear any of it!" He spits out through clenched teeth, my eyes widen. He actually believes that Jake and I like each other? What a joke. I start laughing hysterically, ruining the silence between everyone. "What's so funny?!" He exclaims.

"Y-you actually think that I like him!?" My eyes water and I cough, the aftermath of my laughing fit.

"You two aren't dating?" Cadence questions in confusion. We both look at each other and start cracking up laughing at their assumptions, I sense dad calming down. "So you're friends?" I laugh even louder while he stops and everyone looks at me.