Chapter Seventeen

Does anyone else skip to the end of the book to see if it's a happy ending?

"Faye, wait up!" I turn around, Ruby is running up to me. Her smile is bright and she obviously knows something, that smile doesn't just say she's in a good mood. She grabs onto my shoulders and shakes me, "oh my god! You and Jake!? Tell me all the gossip."

I chuckle and begin to walk again, holding my books tightly. "Well, we did call all night until I fell asleep. We talked about everything, hopes and dreams, favourite food, favourite colour; things like that. Just getting to know each other," I smile slightly in remembrance.

"Oooohhhh, do you like him?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I roll my eyes at her.

"Well I guess so," I shrug. She squeals and jumps up and down in excitement, "let's just hope he isn't tricking me and isn't doing this for some big prank so everyone can laugh at me."

"What? Why would you think that?" She scoffs and I stare at her, after staring at her for too long I look away and sigh.

"Every time someone does something good for me, there's always something behind it. Usually some sick scheme so I can be embarrassed and they can win some sort of points. No one has done anything to stop it," I shrug. "In my world, when someone's nice to me there's always a cruel intention behind it."

"Oh," she goes quiet after that. We part ways and begin the day on a sad note. I'm walking down the halls, thinking silently and day dreaming when someone stops me. Jake. My heart skips a beat and I smile shyly at him, he chuckles and grabs both of my hands. Oh no, is this the part where he tells me this was all a lie?

"Faye, would you come to my football game Friday night?" Oh... way different outcome than I expected. I look down at our hands that are joined and bite my lip, "Well?" He says impatiently.

"Sure," I end up saying. I've never been a fan of watching sports, I'd rather be the one playing instead of sitting on the sidelines. I've always found it a bit boring, but I bet I won't find this particular game boring only because Jake is involved in it. He smiles and kisses my cheek, of course they go a deep red after that.

"Great! You know when it starts right?" Is that even a question? In my country football is soccer. It's one of the biggest sports. Everyone talks about it, especially if this weeks game is against our rival school everyone is talking about it. They have so much belief in our team, I've never actually seen our team play. There's a change for everything.

But I don't actually know what time it starts, "no. What time does it start?"

"6pm, I expect you to be there earlier to calm my nerves," he winks at me. He's obviously just saying that to be a big flirt, I roll my eyes and playfully hit him. His hand catches mine and he just stares into my eyes for a few minutes. I clear my throat and break the eye contact.