Chapter Thirty One

"Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons. Donald Miller

There was something about Jake Collins that captivated me, his dangerous ways, deep brown eyes and his over serious face in silly situations. The way he looked at me, the deep and meaningful way made me feel loved and wanted. The feeling of being alone for so long and then having him come into my life, only for me to leave makes me feel all the more worse. I knew he loved me, just as I loved him. But being with him hurt. Love shouldn't be complicated.

As the uber driver drives me through the streets, I look out the window with tearful eyes. The rain drops fast, but I cant hear it. I cant hear the driver talking to me either, everything is silenced and all I can focus on is the pain in my chest. I instructed him to take me to Brandons house, Brandon has been more of a friend to me than anyone else has been.

He drops me to his house, I thank him and walk to the front door. It opens straight away as if he knew I was here already, he opens his arms wide and I walk into them straight away. He leads me into the house and seats me down onto the couch. Brandon lives alone, he doesn't seem to want anything to do with his family and I dont know why. But that is a story for another time. "What happened? What was said?" He asks straight away.

"I ended it. Then we happened to have sex multiple times, but I still ended it and I feel horrible. I dont know how I could have let it happen. I loved- love him so much. How will I ever feel okay again? I dont think I will," I cry. He brings an arm across my shoulder and pulls me close to him, sighing.

"Listen to me, okay? You will be okay. Everything will work out, you will feel okay."

Looking at him with my teary eyes, I shake my head. "But how do you know that Brandon?" My shoulders rise and fall as my sobs echo through the house.

"Because I have been in your position before. I know how it feels to be completely consumed by love, only for it to destroy you. I loved someone, but it didn't work out because of issues. I thought I wouldn't be okay, I would drink excessively to attempt to forget. But that only made things worse for me. But I won't let that happen to you, I will be there for you every single day; you're my best friend," I hug him tightly and sob into his chest, he allows my tears to soak his shirt and he rubs my back.

"Thank you," I whisper and fall into deep slumber.

I'm awoken hours later from some heavy large frame jumping on me. I open my eyes and gasp, sitting up to quickly hug Tyrese. "Little Lacuna, it has been way too long," I look around the room and notice Brandon, he sticks his thumbs up. He did this for me. He brought a brother back to me.

"I've missed you Ty, where have you been?" I punch him lightly. He smiles sadly at me, knowing that im attempting to act okay. Cause that's what I do, I act okay not wanting to bring others down. "Where were you when I needed you?" I got no text or call when Brock died. He was like a brother to me himself and he hasn't been there.

"I'm sorry, I know. I'm sorry for everything, you never deserved anything that has happened. Did he hurt you? I'll kill him," Ty threatens. I sniffle, trying to hold the tears at bay however I fail at doing this. He embraces me in a tight hold and comforts me.

"He loved me, he really did. But I couldn't do it anymore, the fighting, the disappearing, the lies and I really loved him- I still do but I just cant do it anymore. I dont want this war going on forever, so just don't do anything, please," I say quietly in the end. He sighs and releases me, standing to talk to Brandon for a moment.

I feel empty, drained and there's nothing I can do anymore. I think back on all the memories, our first moments of how we hated each other, then our first kiss, our fights and silly play fighting. he smiled with me, he never smiled so bright with anyone else. He was his real self, he felt like he could act normal around me and I could act the same around him. He treated me like a princess, I wanted to be his forever, I really do. But thats not how the world works all of the time, you can be so in love but cant be together and you can be together but not in love. It's all so controversial.

"Faye, your parents are worried so I must take you home," Tyrese says. How do they know that he is in town? Has he kept in contact with them? Why hasn't he tried contacting me? Something is wrong.

"Okay," I respond weakly. He helped me up, I walk to Brandon and hug him goodbye. He pats my head in attempt to annoy me, making me give him a warning look. He walks both Tyrese and I to the car, I get in with a stone cold face. Brandon waves us goodbye, the car ride is silent. But I know our thoughts are both racing wild. "What are you hiding from me? Why haven't you contacted me? Is something wrong?" I fire multiple questions at him.

"Im not hiding anything. Why do you think I'm hiding something from you?" He asks. I notice the sweat dripping from his forehead. He is hiding something, but what exactly? I dont press for any more answers as he swerves into my driveway. "I need some time alone for now, I have to make a call," I nod and exit the car.

As soon as I step a foot into the front door, my parents are both coming at me. Asking questions, inspecting me to see if im okay. "I ended things with Jake officially, we are done for good don't you worry," I throw my hands up in the air.

"What are you talking about, Faye? Has he done something else? What did he do?" Dad growls, clenching his fists.

"I ended things with him because he hurt so many people I love which means he hurt me too. I did it for you dad," I cry, he looks so broken. Like everything is his fault.

"All your mother and I ever wanted for you was to be happy, sweetie. We have never asked anything from you, you made your decision. I want you to be okay, Faye." Dad hugs me tightly, mum does too and I sob into their chests. Wanting to feel kay, wanting this hug to pull me back together.

After a while of hugging, I go to my room and walk out onto the balcony. What if I just jump? It would make everything so much easier for everyone. Im a burden and I dont want to be anymore. I look out to Tyrese's car and gasp at what I see, so this is what he has been hiding?

I feel numb, betrayed and disgusted as I eye the countless of drugs on his lap.