Chapter Thirty Six

Listen to Medicine by Daughter I think it's a beautiful song.

I know last chapter ended with Jake not being there but we will see what happens. Make sure you have read chapter thirty five first cause wattapad has been glitching

No one ever warns you of how easily it is for someone to break your heart. No one ever warns you of the consequences of not going back to someone you love. Well, no one ever warned me.

The trees sway with each other, I stare at the countless of leaves blowing through the air from the harsh wind. I haven't been in my spot in ages. Even though the forest has helped me in my darkest moments, I didn't want to come here and think. Thinking hurts. Thinking of all the mistakes I've made and looking back just makes me feel like absolute sh*t. I tried. I really did try.

Then when he wrote me a letter with a few truthful worlds, it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest over and over again. I had refused to open it and if I hadn't of refused to open the letter then maybe I would have gotten there on time. But I didn't. I was too late.

Knowing Jake, he probably left on the dot. He's probably gone now. But I saw the girl there. I saw and it made me think that he had moved on. Maybe I was looking too into things but it's Jake. He does stupid, irrational things. Now he's gone. I regret ending things with him. I know he hurt my father and wasn't there when Brock died, but my father did kill his father. I've just been blind sided the entire time.

He loved me and I loved him, I really did. Now his baby rests inside of me and somehow I feel more connected to him than ever. He doesn't even know that I'm pregnant, I didn't have the chance to tell him. I scream so loud in frustration, I cry and I throw rocks at the trees.

"Someone's a bit aggressive."

I sit up straight, the hairs on my arms raise and my heart beats incredibly faster. His deep voice that's a symphony to my ears, echoes. I don't want to turn around, afraid he isn't really there. I sit there, stiff and pinching myself- wondering if he's really there.

"Are you going to speak?" He asks.

I turn around, seeing him in all his glory. He's in tracksuit pants, with an adidas jumper on. He looks real suss. He has a noticeable stubble and he has a bruise on his right eye. I exhale a deep breath and jump off the rock, running to him with so much excitement. I jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He holds onto my right, clearly not wanting to let me go again. I breathe in his scent and start crying harder. "I love you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for ending things and not trying to understand, Jake."

He squeezes me tightly and kisses all over my face, I pull back and he drops me to the ground carefully. With one hand he wipes the tears away from my cheeks, then kisses me on the lips. "I didn't think you were going to come, I just got in the car then I saw you. But you were already driving off so I followed you," I smile. He waited longer and that's why he's here now.

"Jake, I do need to tell you something," I nervously say.

Jake shuts me up and shakes his head, "I'm sure it can wait. Why don't I take you out for lunch and we can talk about things?" He offers. I swallow, I want to tell him that I'm pregnant right now but I just nod. He grabs me and lifts me off the ground, hugging me tightly yet again and kisses me.

I giggle and hold his hand instead, we both walk out of the forest hand in hand. "I can't leave my car here," I say.

"I'll get someone to pick it up, don't worry," I sigh and he drags me to his car. Jake opens the door for me, I thank him and get in. "We need to talk about everything," he quietly says making me nod as a response.