Chapter Nineteen

"You will be someone's best thing." R.h. Sin

Sometimes things go the way you want them to, other times they don't. You fall in love with a guy that doesn't love you, or things are going good for a while and then somehow something changes and he doesn't have feelings for you. We make ourselves believe that we aren't good enough because they won't even send a text to see how we're doing. We are more than enough, we seem to let people make us think otherwise. How can you hurt someone that you supposedly cared for and liked? Everyone in this world is a heart breaker, no matter the gender. 

Jake is paying a lot of attention to me lately, he makes me happy and he make's me feel like i deserve it because I know I do. I wouldn't do anything to hurt him and I hope that the feeling is mutual for him. Ruby and I are having a girl's night tonight, she has been a good friend to me. Things are finally working out for me, I don't feel sad all the time anymore.

"Faye, your friend Ruby is here," mum says as she pops her head in through the gap in the door. I close my laptop and stand up, walking to my door and down the stairs. I'm happy dad isn't home, he is getting irritating. Ruby smiles when she sees me and pulls me in for a hug. 

"What are we doing tonight?" she asks, I shrug and lead her to my room. She closes the door behind her and I sit down on my bed. "There's another party going on, did you want to go?" She asks, jumping on the bed.

"We seem to always party," I say. "Why can't we just stay in for tonight? No drinks around us, no headaches. Just me and you, having a genuine good time," she sighs then smiles. "We can even invite the boys to join us, it will be fun."

"That does sound much better than some stupid party. As long as we are having a good time we can do whatever you want," I smile at her and grab my phone to invite the boys to come over. "How are you and Jake going?" She questions, turning on the television.

"Pretty good I'd say. Why, have you heard something from him?" Ruby laughs at my anxiousness and shakes her head.

"You panic too much. He only says good things of course, I'd kick his ass if he was being a rude butthole again; you should know that," I nod after she says this. I guess I'm just being paranoid as usual. "You seem to overthink a lot," she adds to the conversation. I stare at my fingers and sigh, I don't make a comment for a while.

"People do things to make me overthink situations. I'm always worrying, sometimes I can't breath because I'm terrified of the world practically. That's just me and of course I'm trying to fix it but it's hard to not think about everything that I could possibly doing wrong, do you get me?" Ruby stares at me and shakes her head as if she is saddened and angry by what i just said.

"When are you going to believe that not everyone in this world wants to hurt you? That you are an amazing person and have nothing to worry about. I'm so sorry that you feel this way all the time, I hate people who made you feel so inferior. If people don't chase you when you walk away from them then keep walking, they aren't good enough to be in your life," I hug her tightly. It's as if she's gluing all the broken pieces back together.

"Hey girls!" Tyler exclaims as he barges into my room. We both jump in surprise, Max and Jake walk in behind him and sit down wherever they please. Mum must have invited them in, again this is why I am happy dad isn't home. But he would cave to anything mum says, he always listens to her. So, she'd tell him to stop being a brat and I am going to get a boyfriend eventually. Well, Jake hasn't exactly asked me out yet so we aren't dating. Will he ask? I hope he will. 

"Your mum let us in," Jake says, dropping next to me. He wraps his arm around me, everyone watches which makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.Jake coughs which actually makes them stop looking, it's as if they can read minds! "Is your dad here?" He asks, everyone looks at me again.

"No....Why?" I ask, looking at all of them. Jake shrugs and stands up, he grabs my hand and pulls me up. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Well from what I've heard, your brother loves Call of Duty. So, I'm going to ask if he would want to play with us," my heart warms at this sweet gesture. He is trying to get along with Brock, that makes me so happy. They all know that he's sick, but we just don't really talk about it that much. He doesn't know how happy I am to hear that he wants to be around my brother, Brock will be so happy that Jake offered him to a game. Ruby, Max and Tyler stand up too and follow behind as we go and get Brock from the confinements of his room. This house must be a prison to him, he cant even see anyone. Or maybe he just doesn't want people to see him when he is sick. 

"Hey man," Jake grins after entering his room. Brock sits up slowly, as if he is struggling and smiles brightly.

"Jake!" Brock exclaims in excitement. Jake walks over to him and bends down to squeeze him in a hug, they are definitely buddies. 

"Wanna play some Cod with us?" Brock looks at the rest of us and his eyes widen.

"Oh god, I'm sorry for being rude. Hi everyone I am Brock, Faye's brother... obviously," he shakes his head to himself and groans, Ruby laughs.

"Aw you're just too cute! I'm Ruby, they are Max and Tyler," Brock blushes and smiles trying to play it off cool. Jake pulls him up gently, we all walk out of his room and down to the media room where the boys mostly play their video games on the playstation. Jake sits on the ground, setting everything up. I sit on one of the singular couches. Ruby and Max take up another couch and Brock and Tyler share one, getting along really well already. Jake stands and smirks when he sees me, as he moves closer I know what he is thinking. He wants me to sit on his lap and I will most likely crush the poor fella!

"Up you get, princess," he clicks his fingers. I shake my head in defiance, he sighs and smirks. "Am I gonna have to be forced to take physical action so you will move? Or will you kindly stand?" He blinks innocently at me and I huff. 

"Why can't you just sit on the ground? I will crush you. Yeah, sit on the ground," he rolls his eyes at me and lifts me up with ease and sits down then places me on his lap. I glare at him, "seriously? You had to?"

"Well if i sit on the ground I will get butt cramps and you aren't even heavy. You're light so you wont 'crush' me as you put it. I am a man you know, Faye?" I scoff at his cocky comment and roll my eyes.

"Hardly," I comment.

"What'd you say?" He grabs my hips and I gasp, my eyes widening. "You're definitely asking for a tickle fight later on," he threatens making me groan. I hate being tickled. You laugh yet it's painful. Kind of like feelings, people laugh and act happy when they're not.

"Just play your game," I grumble and go on snapchat. I feel his eyes on my phone and me constantly, as if he is checking if I'm messaging any boys or something. "Are you watching what I'm doing?" I finally ask and turn my head to look at him. He looks up and I sigh, "you dont trust me?"

"No. I was just seeing what you were doing and if you were going to message anyone," he mutters into my ear. I look at my lap and shake my head, he places his hand on mine.

"There's no one to message. You guys are my only friends, my brother and Chad ruined any chances of me being friends with anyone," I whisper. He growls angrily, his hand tightening around mine.

"I guarantee you that you will have heaps of friends. Everyone who knows you loves you, you're an amazing person. You need to be treated right or I'll bash their heads in," I smile at him and kiss the corner of his mouth feeling too nervous to kiss him on the lips. He grabs my face gently and kisses me on the lips instead, I smile in the kiss.

Once we pull back I am smiling like an absolute idiot, "at least i have you." He looks down for a brief moment and swallows, then he looks up again.

"Yeah..."