Chapter Twenty Five

Jake sits up and stares at the door, "maybe I should go say hi to your parents. It's rude if i dont." I groan and throw my leg over his groin and pull his body down. "Babe, c'mon I don't want to be rude."

I roll my eyes at him and kiss all over his face, he smiles and pulls me on top of his body. He pouts his lips for me to kiss them, this makes me smile and kiss him. "I just want to stay like this forever," I sigh in content and he chuckles, his hands are placed on my butt and he wiggles his eyebrows. If my brother or dad walked in on this, they would absolutely flip at both him and I; more him though. With that thought I roll off of him and he groans, laying on his side to face me. 

"You are so beautiful." My heart skips a beat and I move closer to him, I peck his lips and sigh. "I need to pee," he suddenly says and stands up, I roll over on my stomach and watch him leave my room. Strange, i have a bathroom in my room like you literally open a door and its right there. Cause it's an ensuite. I scrunch up my nose and stand up, opening the door and keeping my eye out for Jake. I hear voices in my dads office and I put my ear to the door. 

"What are you talking about?" Dad asks, his voice glum and deep.

"Think about it. Jake COLLINS. Familiar to you at all?" Jake grumbles. Everything goes silent, then laughing echoes, it's my dads laugh too. I press my hands against the door trying to hear better. Im feeling confused and I honestly don't know where this is leading to. 

"That's why you're dating my daughter, isn't it? You aren't 17, or however old you are pretending to be. You sick bastard, you used her to get to me. Your dad wasn't a good person Jake, don't try and get revenge for him and do whatever you're trying to. You can walk away from this without getting hurt and not a word has to be spoken to Faye." 

"You're like how old? I don't think I would get hurt. He was the only person I had left," Jake exclaims. 

"You forget that I was the leader of the most powerful gang, I am more experienced and much stronger than you," I want to walk in and see what's happening but I am scared of what I will see. I'm scared of knowing all of this.I let someone in and trusted them and they do this. Tears spring to my eyes and i bite my lip to contain my cry. 

"I have a gun, you dont," I barge in the room to see Jake standing there with a gun held up to my fathers face. I gasp and both of their eyes widen. 

"Faye," Jake whispers. 

"Please don't hurt him. You c-can hurt me b-but not him okay? He's my dad!" I shout. Mum comes running in and gasps, she pushes me behind her to hide me and somehow protect me. I don't see how it will though. I fell in love with a monster, I let him into my home, I introduced him to my family and this whole time everything was a lie. The whole purpose of being with me was to kill my dad. Nick runs in the room and his eyes widen. 

He points the gun at my mum and everyone in the room, everyone except me. "You killed my f**king dad!" I look at my dad in shock. Everyone who I love is lying to me and I don't know what to believe anymore. 

"He shot a pregnant woman and tried murdering her, her baby could have died. He shot Nova! Willow's best friend and one of my best friends wife. He was obviously going to pay, Nova almost died." 

Bang. 

The sound echoes, like in slow motion we all watch then run to my father. Jake shot my dad. The love of my life shot my father. Mum screams, I scream and Nick calls the hospital then everyone else who needs to be here to help. I look at Jake who is just standing there blankly, I hate him. "I HATE YOU! LEAVE! GO! F**KING DISAPPEAR!" He clenches his jaw and then walks out. He doesn't run, he doesn't act like he cares, he doesn't act terrified of the consequences.

Jake just doesn't care. He never did and he faked everything. And while I stay there, crying on my knees next to my father. I pray. I pray that dad will be okay. The ambulance arrives and takes dad away, there's so much blood though. I don't know where about's he was shot because he just keeps bleeding and bleeding. 

We arrive at the hospital, having to sit and wait to hear the news and hear if he's okay. Mum can't stop pacing back and forth, crying. He is the love of her life. Nick is leaning against a wall, his head back so he is looking up at the ceiling. I'm sitting on the floor, sobbing, feeling helpless and like I am the one to blame. If i hadn't of let him in then dad would be okay. We would be saying goodnight to each other and everyone would be happy. Brock can't hear of this yet, I don't want to stress him but I know he deserves and needs to know. 

Titus and Emberly arrive first, later everyone else does. Well all of the adults. They looked panicked, they rush over to mum first to get all of the details. Mum can't speak without breaking down though. So Nova, Cadence, Amalia and Emberly all sit her down and comfort her. Titus, Landon, Chris, Mike and Aidan all go over to Nick; most likely to ask questions that I don't think Nick would be ready to answer yet. Do they have to make this an interview now? Our dad just got shot. I walk over to where Nick is, they are indeed questioning. 

"Our father just got shot and you are asking all of these questions? How disrespectful can you get? Let us be upset for a bit, we aren't ready to..." I break down into tears. "It's all my fault isn't it? I decided to date a guy that would eventually try to kill my dad," Titus wraps me in his arms and holds me there to comfort me. 

"None of this is your fault. Dont ever say it is again, you never knew any of this would happen, none of us did and we met Jake." Hearing his name hurts, thinking about him and all of the memories hurts. My heart feels like it's being stabbed a million times in a row. I cannot lose my dad, we may fight but I love him so much. My fear seems to overpower any other emotion as I try to be patient. It has been an hour and 45 minutes. 

"But If i had of known better," I cry into Titus' chest. 

"Little Lacuna, you cannot blame yourself for this kid. No one could blame you, you didn't know any of this would happen," Titus whispers trying to comfort me by having a calm voice. 

"B-But Ruby told me he was in a wrong state of mind and he was going to make bad decisions. I told him not to come but when he showed up I didn't exactly tell him to leave. This is my fault, if i had of known better then this would have never happened," I'm gasping for breath. I can't breathe from crying so much. 

"You didn't know it would be as extreme as this. Now c'mon we all gotta be there for each other," I nod and he wipes my tears away and as a group we all walk over to mum. We need to stick together through this, he will be okay. Dad is strong, he is a fighter and I know he can get through it. Will we though?