Chapter Five

Chapter Five "Pretend to Not Care and They Won't Hurt You"

"Wait, wait, wait! Faye stop!" Nick calls after me as I begin my escape route

"Wait, wait, wait! Faye stop!" Nick calls after me as I begin my escape route. "Faye, we aren't finished yet so stop!" He grabs my arm and pulls me to him.

"Let go!" I hiss at him, looking behind him to see where Jake is.

"You can't just pussy out of everything, show him that he isn't bothering you... show him that whatever he did, isn't affecting you because he wants you to be hurt. He wants you to feel like this, but you can't let him know that he's succeeding. So get your ass back over there and let's continue our shopping," I grunt and groan and finally begin to walk back over to the trolley I left behind.

My eyes meet his once again, they're both staring at me. I look away and grip the trolley tightly, "why does mum need this mum stuff anyway?" I ask.

"Can you not remember stupid head? It's another gatho tonight, it's not like it's rare," I make a noise of irritation to my brother.

"Well we never get our house to ourselves stupid head," I mimic him in annoyance. He throws something in the trolley and sighs, gazing at the list in annoyance.

"Well why don't you convince our parents to stop holding these gatherings so we can actually have time to ourselves," he grunts.

"Do you really think that they will listen to me? They've been friends for years, they want to maintain that friendship Nick," I look outside noticing it's raining and I groan and look at my leg that has a long gash on it.

"Does it hurt?" He asks, pointing to my leg. I shrug and continue walking so we can get the shopping over and done with, I want to leave here as soon as possible because I'm sick of these run ins with people I don't want to run into. We finish our shopping and pay for it, I'm running out of the shopping centre and straight to the car while I leave Nick with everything.

He has the keys so I'm moving from foot to foot as I wait for him to hurry his ass up so we can get home. I turn around and groan as I bump into someone, oh no. This is the cliché moment... it's going to be Jake, I just know it. It's always the guy. As I look up to see the culprit, I groan; I don't even like him and I'm trying to get away from him... wait. That's what your supposed to do when you hat- dislike someone I mean.

I swallow the lump in my throat and I peer behind him, Nick is still in the freaking shops!! "Faye," he nods. I keep a straight face and place a hand on my hip, he raises an eyebrow and I copy his movement.

"Jake."

"Shopping for food?" He awkwardly asks.

"No. I'm shopping for coffins," I sarcastically say. The only reason why I'd be shopping for coffins is to give to his family as a treaty... because I would be the one that murders him. He tries so hard not to glare but he fails, his shaggy hair falls into his eyes and he huffs. "What can I do for you sir Jake?" I ask with a tinge of boredom in my voice.