Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve "Reunions."

"Come on Brock! Join us," Nick grins after swinging the tennis racket at the ball, hitting it over the net and to my side

"Come on Brock! Join us," Nick grins after swinging the tennis racket at the ball, hitting it over the net and to my side. This is the only exercise that I do, tennis. I guess you could say that it keeps me in shape, but it surely does keep the skin glowing.

"I'm not very good," he warns and grabs a racket, joining Nick. My guard goes down and I drop my arms out to the side in exasperation.

"Are you seriously joining with Nick? He sucks!" I exclaim, not being able to comprehend why he chose to go with Nick. I'm perfectly fine to team with.

"Yeah, so I'm helping him out," Brock winks making me scoff.

"You're such a fibber Broccoli," his nose scrunches up at the nickname I gave him. Luckily, he only allows me to call him that not even Nick or mum or dad. I don't even know what they all him, it's probably something pathetic so I don't want to know.

"I'll team with you, Faye."

We all look toward the direction of the gate where Tyrese is swinging a racket in his hand, I gasp and drop my racket on the ground and run up to him and jump on him giving him a massive hug. "TYRESE!" His brown orbs stare down at me happily.

"Hey Little Lacuna. I brought Amy," Amy. Who's Amy? When he sees my confused look he laughs, "remember? My girlfriend whom we were talking about when I visited your school."

My mouth drops open as I remember, "ooohhhh! That Amy." He chuckles and messes up my hair even more than it was by shaking it with his hand. "Okay well let's get playing!"
                                        ||
"Emily can you f*ck off? Honestly," Chad huffs at his 12 year old sister. She gasps and looks at her dad so he can say something to Chad.

"Chad, must we remind you all the time that your sister is 12 and you're 17," Mike says to him. I block out their argument and look at Brock, he's more worn out than you should be when you play 3 games of tennis. It makes me sad looking at him. I know he's in pain and it sucks that I can't take that pain away.

"Hey buddy, haven't seen you in a while," Nova wraps an arm around Brock's shoulders and cuddles him while grinning. He smiles at her, "how have you been?" She asks.

"Yeah, I've been really good," She inspects him after he says this. I know she can see his pain too, we all can. She smiles and begins a conversation with him, I slightly disappear into my own mind and start thinking about things.

First off, when did everyone get here and why are they here exactly?

"The party is here now!" Landon shouts, walking in the room with an eski and his wife Kate trailing behind holding their 10 year old daughters hand. Apparently he was what they called a player back in the days, so Nick and Chad must have taken after him. Dad looks super confused as he stares at everyone just appearing in the house out of no where, whereas mum is enjoying this a little too much which proves she organised this all.