The Year Of Demons Is Upon Us

READER'S POV

A few days had gone by since I had started living with the Tsukinami brothers and Kino. I was glad that I was with them but, I knew it was going to be a matter of time before the rest of the vampire brothers come looking for me again. Right now I was in the library with Kino trying to figure out what the Year of demons is really about and how I can stop myself from turning into a pureblood demon.

Before I got to the library, I got changed into my (F/c) jumper, (F/c) mini skirt, (F/c) winter thigh socks and brown boots. I climbed down the step ladders with some books in my arms and once I sat them down on the table, I noticed Kino had his book standing up and I knew that he was faking so I pulled down the book and I was right, Kino was playing on his stupid phone again.

"Ugh, are you just going sit there and play on your phone all night or are you gonna help me?"

Kino didn't answer me so I pinched his cheek which caught his attention.

"Ow!"

"Pay attention when I'm talking to you!"

"All right sorry, sheesh."

Kino said as he looked back at his phone.

"Are you gonna help at some point or what?"

"I'll help in a minute, just give me second."

I sighed annoyingly and I then looked over his shoulder and I spoke up.

"Karl-sama, what a pleasure to see you again."

"What?!"

Kino looked over his shoulder and I snatched his phone from his hand. I pulled down the collar of my jumper before stuffing the phone in between my breasts. Kino looked back at me and he looked for his phone.

"Hey! what have you done with my phone?!"

"I'm not telling you anyway, forget about your stupid phone for more than five minutes and help me."

"*Sighs* fine."

Kino said as he got one of the books and he started to read it. I flipped over another page and I was getting more and more confused by the second.

"This doesn't make any sense, none of these books explain how Himiko was able to control her demon blood."

"Well, I think I might have found something that you might like, look."

Kino showed me the page he was looking at it and it was telling me about the Year of demons.

"It says, 'The year of demons only happens on the night of red moon. A half demon becomes a pureblood when they get to a certain age when this happens, a half-demon becomes a pureblood demon.'"

Kino read out and I then said to him.

"I've already learnt about this but, this night of the red moon, when will it happen?"

"Uhh....in five days."

"What?!"

Carla came in and he then asked us.

"What's going on? why were you shouting? this is the library."

"Sorry Carla, but, you're not gonna believe this."

I told Carla about what we had learnt and he was surprised to hear this.

"That's not good, what will to (Y/n) during those five days?"

"Well, it says here, during these five days, if a half-demon hasn't found a way to control their powers, they will experience some changes to them and there's a chance that they won't be able to control themselves."