Chapter 63

(DIVINA'S P.O.V)

"WHAT'S this?"

"Don't you remember? It's your necklace. You gave it to me when we were kids."

I traced the beautiful small pendant of an angel with my hand. I was surprised when I felt the cold piece of jewelry attached to my neck as he put it to me.

"You gave it to me before and that's the last time I saw you."

It was from my father. It's a present he gave me when I had my 6th birthday. I remembered the pendant. I thought I lost it. It's quite a blur still. The memories of the past but I guess the heart can always remember....

"Since that day on, funny it may seems I never took it off. Even when I'm fighting, I always wear it. Now that you're here beside me, I don't think I'll be needing it anymore. I always see it as my lucky charm actually. Para ako nitong pinoprotektahan kapag suot ko ito. So I'm giving it back to you now. I hope it will do the same to you too..."

Kaiser exclaimed habang sinusuklay ang buhok ko. Sabi nya, he wanted to do what normal couples do. Napailing na lang ako pero hinayaan ko na lang sya. He doesn't know anything.... Even what's about to come...

Tears began falling as I recalled what I have done. I just couldn't let things slide as I know I'm so close in finding the truth behind my parent's death....

"I'm so sorry if sometimes I'm a jerk. Hell! I'm one hell of a jerk especially to you. Remember when Ryu and I punched those morons in our class when they babbled things when you gave back Skyler's clothes?"

I nodded when I recalled that scene. Halos hindi ako makapaniwala sa nakita kong galit sa mga mata nya ng binugbog nya ang mga lalakeng yun. He looked like he's beyond furious and ready to kill them. Kaiser looked dangerous as he did that. But for some reasons I couldn't bring myself to hate him for what he did.

"Kahit si Skyler, muntik kong mabugbog just to tell me what happened. I was awakened when you said that anger consumed me. I don't want to be a monster in front of you. Gongju, I'm so sorry for everything. But I'm just possessive to those which are mine. And you are mine. Mine alone."

Hindi naman ako makapagsalita as he confessed everything to me. I just felt his strong hands hugged me from behind. Mahigpit ang yakap nya na tila ayaw na nya akong pakawalan. I hugged him back and he held me tighter.

I turned to him and saw how he smiled but frowned the moment he saw me crying.

"Gongju, (princess) what's wrong?"

But I only looked at him and touched the side of his face.

"Paano mo... Nakayanang maghintay? Almost 12 years right? How come you held on when there's no assurance at all if you'll see me again?"

His brown eyes that always give haywire to system changed and softened as I uttered those words.

"Because that's how a Lee loves... That's how a Zach Kaiser Lee loves Gongju. Maghihintay ako kahit gaano katagal."