19. Dylan

"And then I have to do my homework for tomorrow's class and finally," I stopped and turned to face him. "I need to get to work."

It was already Monday and today, Anthony insisted to meet up a little early to have a little more time to hang out together before I head to class. Yesterday's thinking made me put something as a rule for myself, do not get closer to him. He's good as a friend. I'm happy around him and he's always by my side when I need help! Great! That's all I need and that's what's making me happy. And that's how it's going to stay. And I promised myself not to think about this situation again. We are friends.

However, I woke up early to meet up with him and instead of spending thirty minutes in the coffee shop, we spent an hour and a half before he drove me to college. And not only that, he insisted to take me to class.

"Gotta a lot on your plate, don't you?" He smirked down at me as I stopped in front of my locker. I hummed and nodded then turned to open my locker to get the books I need for today's class. "I need to go get my books too."

I huffed when he walked away and checked my phone and answered the couple of Rita's messages then shut my locker, turned around to find Anthony. But it didn't take me time. He was standing there, chit-chatting with the girl that wears the shortest skirts in my English class. She leaned into him and fixed his collar then bit her bottom lip, covered in red lipstick.

He's only a friend to me! So I forced myself to gulp down the anger that was rising up and decided to not bring it up. When she walked away, he looked back at me and since he saw that I was looking, I walked over to where he was standing.

"Was waiting for you to finish your...affair." I made a few gestures with my hand as I addressed them to where she disappeared from. "I didn't want to interrupt." I smiled. It was forced and apparently, forced smile are never well made.

"Jealous much?" He said and without taking his eyes off me, he opened his locker.

"Oh please!" I scoffed. "I just spent almost two hours with the Anthony Adams! Who am I kidding." I rolled my eyes, jokingly.

"Hm! You must be really lucky." He picked out his book then shut his locker and turned at me. "Because this guy," he took a step closer. "Does not," got a little more closer that my back was against the other locker and his hands were on each side of my face. "Spend two hours with any girl." He whispered the last part then pulled away, smiling. The butterflies that filled my stomach at his whispered or the heart pace that picked up when he got closer were not enough for me to realize that I felt any way towards him. He. Is. Only. A. Friend.

A few minutes later, we were both in our classes but we were both not really concerned about what our teachers were lecturing about because we were texting all along.

"Alright class, make sure to fill the outline for next class because it counts for a huge part of the term paper." The teacher concluded the class.

"It's a little hard to know what she's talking about if you text during class." Someone said next to me. It was a guy with brunette hair and brown eyes. He was skinny and tall but of course, shorter than Anthony. "I'm Dylan by the way." He gave me his hand to shake. I took it.

"Bella." I said.

"Boyfriend?" He pointed at my phone.

"No." I giggled, pushed my hair behind my ear. "He's...my friend." I looked at my phone that light up again when he sent another text. "Best friend." I tried to make it more convenient.

"Hm." He raised his eyebrows. "Okay." He shrugged. "You can take my note by the way but you have to bring it tomorrow because I need to study." I looked at him surprised. "You'll find everything Emma said in class."