61. Betrayal

A N T H O N Y

I don't really understand why it was raining so hard today. It was like the sky was crying for me. I sighed and let the curtains fall down when I heard the thunder. I rubbed my hair and walked back to the living room when I heard my dad coughing.

"Dad," I called him when he sat on the couch. He turned to look at me, coughing a little more. "Are you okay?" I approached where he was sitting and joined him.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" My father said, proudly. He is the type of person who could be dying and say that he is perfectly fine which annoys me. I looked down at my crossed fingers and thought of her. She must be with him in the cabin right now. Knowing that they won't be together, I hope someone frustrates her and ruin her weekend for her. Selfish, I know. But I only want to see her happiness grow with me, and only me. "Did you talk to her?"

"Who?" I cleared my throat and leaned back into the couch, looking at the black TV screen in front of me.

"Whoever you're thinking about." He added and looked back at his phone.

I looked at him, confused about how he knew who I was thinking about but just that made me smile.

"I haven't," I said.

"You need to call her."

"I'm not going to call her after she told me that she's happy with him."

"And you believed her?"

"I don't care, dad. She –"

"You also told her that you're back with Lindsay." He interrupted my sentence.

"But it's not true." I looked back down at my hand, shaking my left leg up and down. Just thinking about this whole situation makes me nervous.

"But she doesn't know that. However, you know that she's lying about her being happy with him."

"How do you know that?" I said and he looked at me as if I was the stupidest person he's ever met. "I'm going to go sleep before you send me back to the center but this time a mental one."

I scoffed and shook my head, watching him walk to his room. Since he came to stay with me, he is making me feel like I have someone finally. I wasn't lonely anymore. I felt so much better knowing that I live with someone. It really mattered to me knowing that he is better right now and he won't leave my side again. Growing up, I was so close to him and the fact that he left me for years to stay in that hell hole didn't make me love him any less. I knew his reasons and I understood him.

I got up to go to my room. I laid in bed and held my phone up, looking at the background that I have for my phone. She was cooking, I took this when she decided to make me breakfast once. I smile. I know so well that no one will ever take her place but somehow, Noah and Nathan always find a way to steal my girls. I don't blame them, she is pretty.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing, and I almost fell off the bed. I sat down instantly when I saw her name pop up on my screen. I wasn't sure at first. It took me about ten seconds, staring at her name, reading and rereading it to realize that it was her, that Rose was calling me. I accepted the call.

I couldn't say anything because as soon as I pressed the phone to my ears, I heard sobbing.

"Rose," I worriedly called her but she cried harder. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

She didn't say a word, she sobbed harder and my heart started beating. Just hearing her crying without knowing if she could hear me or if she is alright made me feel helpless.