3. Work

R O S A B E L L A

When I felt the hotness of the sun and its light hit my eyes, I smiled. It's a new day. And right before, I could even open my eyes, my alarm went off.

I sighed and snoozed it then left the bed to take a quick shower. I don't want to waste time and I want to have time to go buy myself a cup of coffee before I could go to work. I was so excited to start and learn and to serve people already. Today I felt ready to do everything.

I stepped in the shower and let the hot water hit my body, relaxing my muscles a little and making them less tense. Even in the middle of all the excitement that I felt, anxiety was smart enough to find its way to my body but I refused to let it ruin my day.

I left the shower, had a second thought about leaving my hair wet, curly and down but I left it anyways. I went back to the room to throw a random shirt and a pair of jeans with the only pair of converse my dad bought me on my birthday last year.

I smiled at the thought of my dad and sighed.

I wonder if you guys are watching over me and are excited to see me succeed but I promise you that I will never let anything stop me from having what will make me have any kind of success.

I wish they can hear me or respond to what I'm saying.

I shook my head and took a deep breath then grabbed my bag and my phone then left the apartment.

On my way to the coffee shop, the whole scene of yesterday came back in my head as if it just happened and then I thought if it was really urgent for me to go buy coffee.

I mentally pouted. I want my coffee.

Screw this. I'm buying one. I don't care who saw or who will remember. I will just pretend it never happened.

I went in and ordered, pretending nothing happened but for as long as I stayed there. I didn't see anyone looking at me in a funny way then I realized that it's all just in my head.

You're the only one who remembers your awkward and embarrassing moments and if you don't mention it, nobody will judge you about it. You're the only judge to yourself.

I mentally told myself then took the first sip of the freaking hot coffee and again, I burnt myself but this time I was able to keep it in and swallow it down.

I barely have coffee without burning myself and leaving without feeling my tongue. Yes, I am that stupid.

I shook my head and took another sip. This day will be good and will make me feel like I finally have a normal routine that I can follow everyday. And my day will be even more full when I start my college classes.

Applying to college, I knew that it was impossible for me to work at the same time since I started to work on Saturday in the morning. But I only work in the morning on the weekends and Sunday is off for me. I was more than happy for that.

I looked at my watch and realized that I spent more than thirty minutes in the coffee shop and I only have ten minutes to arrive there.

I shot up from where I was sitting and quickly walked to the trash. Again, I didn't get to finish my coffee. At least this time I had time to drink more than I was able to yesterday. Yesterday I only had one sip!