34. Blame

A N T H O N Y

"Shit!" I hit the locker, the same locker that I bled from and she helped me, the same locker that made me get deep in her eyes and wonder how and why was she helping me, the same locker that gave me the pain that she eased her with her soft touches. It was the same locker that made me feel like I'm in a world that fantasy exists in, a world where everything is just perfect.

"Anthony!" Kade walked closer, hitting my shoulder as soon as Rose disappeared behind the walls. My heart was all beaming of anger, about to explode and escape out of my chest. "You messed up, man." He broke it down in front of me. "Did you really believe what you spit out a few seconds ago?" He angrily pointed at the way she took out of my sight.

"Who could it be?" I yelled out of my lugs, shaking out of anger as I hit the locker one more time, creating a huge mark in the middle of it, a huge punch that will never leave.

"It is Cameron, Anthony! He doesn't need Rose to know something that could easily be known!" He said. I looked at him, trying to breathe normally again. "What are you going to do now?" He added.

"I don't know," I whispered and cussed myself out for talking to Rose like that, pushing her and making her fall and after all that, I accuse her of something she'd never do. I sighed and slid my back against the locker until I landed on the floor and put my head in my hands again. I couldn't think of anything to say but I wasn't even mad of the reality of my dad being known, I'm mad because my biggest fear just took place. The fact that everyone thinks that I am ashamed of my own dad. I am not. It isn't even my decision.

The first thing that I did after all this mess is leaving college and go to my dad. I didn't know what to tell him but I wanted to ask him for advice somehow. My dad was a psychologist for me, I could go talk to him about whatever and he will just tell me what to do or what to think. This time, I only wanted to talk, to get it out, I wanted to tell him about what happened with Rose.

"Wait here for a few seconds please." The secretary said after taking my phone. It was early, I know but I was in no way going to class after what happened and I was in no way going to Rose when she's mad at me before knowing how to apologize and all this mess in centered at him, Ben Adams. "You can come in." She smiled at me as I walked to the door.

"What's up with you? What have you done this time?" He automatically said as soon as I appeared in front of him.

"Something happened in college today." I whimpered as I sat down, watching his back making coffee. I closed my eyes, finally being able to breathe. I felt like I was holding my breathe for so long that my luges are lacking from the oxygen it needs.

"What happened?" He added then came sat next to me.

"I walked in with Rose..." I explained everything in details and he just watched me talk. I wasn't sure how he will feel when I tell him that all this happened because of him but I tried as much as I could to not make it worse. I kept taking small glimpses at his reactions but there was none. I wasn't sure how to explain how I hurt Rose but I said everything from my point of view. "...and then I just came here." I looked down at my hands.

"Son," he started, taking a sip of his coffee. "I think the most important thing to do right now is going to Rose and apologizing. She doesn't have to do anything with all of this." He tapped my shoulder.

"I know but I don't know what to do." I said.

"Rose doesn't seem like the one that will hold you down because of something you've done. Just go and apologize." He shrugged. "Since when you don't know how to deal with girls?" He hit my shoulder with his, and I finally smiled. "Don't put everything on your shoulders, Anthony but that doesn't mean you need to take it out on other people." He winked and I nodded.

I spent the whole day in my dad's room. We watched a movie, we played a little but all through the day, Rose was the only thing on my mind. I hatted treating her like that I was thinking how to actually make her forgive me.

"I need to leave, it's getting late." I finally said.

"Alright." I could tell that he was sad.

"Yesterday, your doctor told me that you are getting out soon. Then we'd spend a lot of time together." I said and he smiled again.

"I'm sorry, son," he looked down at his hands and shook his head. "I couldn't be the dad you are proud of."

"Dad," I tried to defend him myself but he stopped me.

"No, I know." He smiled. "I will try my best when I get out of here, I promise."

"Dad, I didn't come here to tell you I'm ashamed of you that's why I'm sad of what happened in college. I could give a shit about what happened." I shook my head. "All I'm mad about is being put in a situation where everyone somehow found out I'm hiding my dad. And who did it? One of my best friends. And I took Rose on the way."

He tapped my thigh and smiled. "I'm proud of you, son and I will make you proud of me one day." He nodded and I smiled.

Leaving this place, it was almost midnight. I didn't want to leave and go sit alone and think. I wanted to stay with Dad who was always reminding me that she won't leave me even after what happened, reminding me that I only have to apologize to her and she will be fine with it again.

I got in my car and started the ignition, not knowing where to go. Of course, I wasn't going to go to my apartment right now because even if I did I wouldn't be happy. I decided to actually go and find something to give her so she would stop being mad at me.

I smiled at the thought of her taking the gift from me and smiling at me again, I saw her smiling at me and even if it was only in my thoughts, I found myself getting happy so I decided to go get the gift right at this moment.

Author note

Guys, thank you so much for the 2.3K reads!! It makes me really happy to see that.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Much love xx