63. Sick

R O S A B E L L A

Despite the sunlight that hit my eyes and the great smell of food, only my own loud coughs managed to wake me up. I opened my eyes and looked around. As much as this place feels familiar, it wasn't my room. I groaned, wanting to stay in bed. I coughed more. Great, now I'm sick too. I was in Anthony's apartment.

A wet and cold towel was firmly placed on my forehead, dripping water on my eyes and neck. I groaned and took it off. I wasn't enjoying the coldness on my forehead. I sat up to see what Anthony was doing in the kitchen but right when I stood up, the room started spinning with me and I fell back in bed. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my dizziness down. Yesterday was for sure the reason for this. I was shivering under the rain and in the cold for hours.

"Rose, wake up. It's past noon." Anthony yelled from outside. I wished he would come and see me so I don't have to run. All my body was so tired and weak to move. And he did, he walked into the room calling my name again. "Oh, you're awake." He smiled, "I made you some soup to make you feel better." He placed a tray on my lap as I slid my back up and rested on the headboard.

I sniffed and watched him putting sell and pepper then mix it. I coughed.

"You got sick." Stated Anthony and placed his hand on my forehead. "You have a fever too."

He got up. "Start eating," he yelled as he disappeared behind the apartment walls. I groaned, feeling the worst throat ache ever. I adjusted myself to be able to drink the soup then took the first spoon. It tasted so good that I didn't believe that he made it himself. I was sick that I couldn't truly appreciate him and his care.

I suddenly realized that I was wearing a random unfamiliar shirt, not what I was wearing yesterday. My heart dropped but I refused to bring it up.

He came back with a pill in one hand and a glass of water in the other. "You have to take this. But finish your plate first." He sat at the edge of the bed, watching me sipping on the streaming soup. When I finished it, he gave me the pill and the water then took the empty glass from my hand and the tray to go wash them, I assumed.

A few minutes later, he walked into the room again with a tablet in his hand. "I knew you'd be bored." He handed it to me but I shook my head.

"Help me get out." I said. My voice was almost unheard but he somehow understood what I said.

"By the way, I helped you change your clothes yesterday because it was wet." He said. I stared at him, waiting for him to explain how but I refused to ask. He grinned when he saw my reaction and shook his head. "Don't worry, I didn't see anything." He picked me up and walked out. As soon as I saw a male figure sitting on the couch where Anthony was getting closer to, I regretted telling him to get me out. He placed me down on the other couch and sat beside me, still hugging the blanket that I had around me in bed. I looked up to see his father sitting in front of me.

"How do you feel now? Anthony told me that you're sick." He asked and all I could do was nod. He smiled and looked at Anthony then got up. "Alright, I will leave you guys alone and get out breathe some fresh air and walk my legs a little."

Anthony waited until he heard the door close then looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "I know you can't talk but I'm dying to know what this...creature did to you."

I looked down at my hands, remembering that if I didn't trust Noah, I would have been in New York right now. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Rose, tell me and I promise you I will make him regret it." He tone was mad but he didn't raise his voice between his grinned teeth.