#15: Allll

Olivia woke to Jessica's call on FaceTime.

"Hey baby girl!" She (Jessica) exclaimed, elongating each word to add character. "What you doing? I haven't heard from you. Are you okay?"

Olivia buried her face into the pillow, "I'm sleepy."

"What time is it over there?"

"I don't know but it's early as fuck," she lifted her head, "I'm in Toronto, by the way."

"Canada? No fucking way!"

"Yes, way."

Before she said anything more, Olivia was startled by a loud bang against her hotel door.

"What was that?" Jessica asked as Olivia got out of bed and approached the peep hole. Inside, she saw Peep.

Immediately, she laughed at the pun she just created.

"What's going on?" Jessica questioned as their connection turned weak.

"I think I gotta go, something just came up."

Before Jessica could speak, Olivia hung up and opened the door— you could say she was easily drawn to him.

"Close that fucking door." He slurred, stumbling in as a person from down the hall was yelling his name.

As demanded, she closed it and applied the dead lock. Slowly, he made his way to the bed and laid facedown.

"I'm so fucked up!"

Olivia sat on the spinning chair without knowing what to do or say.

He then proceeded onto his back. For a moment longer, it grew silent then he spoke, "I really hate ceilings. We can't see the stars— us as humans need to see the universe"

Olivia laughed.

"Pigeon, it's not funny."

Pigeon... she thought about it and decided to ask, "Why do you call me that?"

"Because—

He burped once more, "Those fuckers ain't afraid of shit. Ain't afraid to go about the parking lot, have you see them? They just—

He paused and held up his hand with his index and middle finger swaying in a back and forth motion and just as sudden, he dropped his hand onto his chest and looked over to her, "They're fearless."

"Peep wouldn't last a day with a pigeon." He added, looking back to the ceiling. "I don't know why I was given the name Peep— I can't fly for shit. I has to deal with allllll the bullshit.
—Allll the people,
—Allll the drugs,
—Allll the pain"

Olivia had no words. Correction, she had to think of something. Almost anything to make him feel less.

"So. If I'm this fearless pigeon, I'll protect you. We'll fly the world together." By her logic, she figured by tomorrow morning he wouldn't remember.

It's something she did for her mom as well when she got drunk. Memories came fluttering back— saying anything and everything she could to comfort the pain her mom had after losing her husband (and more so Olivia's dad.)