Sunny : 5

November 6th - Saturday

8:48am.

~

Jimin woke up with the sun shining brightly through his windows, far more welcoming than the days before. The clouds were big and blue and looked like they would feel like pillow fluff if you were you touch them. The weather always seemed to have an effect on Jimin. When the sky was dark and cold, he felt smaller. But it was days like this when he could actually see the clouds and air above him that put his mind at rest.

Though he was happy it was sunny, there was one con.

It was so cold.

The rain from the day before had frosted over the streets, leaving glassy ice sheets across them.

The cold nipped at him through his thin blanket he got one year for his birthday. It was a present from J Hope, who he was sure paid for the whole thing while V and Jungkook just wrote their names on it, and gave it to him as a group. It had bright yellow suns all over it on a blue background. It didn't help or prevent him from the cold, but it made him happy. It was one of the only other things that he had left from his friends.

He sat up rubbing his eyes. This had been the first time in weeks that he had actually gotten at least 6 hours of sleep. But for some reason, his eye's feeling heavier than they'd ever felt wanted to close again. Sleep threatened him, all the days he had stayed up hitting him once he slept in for once.

He was also glad that for once, he wasn't woken up by Ed Sheeran, though he did love the sound of singers voice and would often time sing along.

Sing

If Jimin could choose anything he wanted to do, it would be to sing. He didn't care if it was in a band, or if he was as a superstar. Days when he was by himself and didn't feel the weight of the world on his shoulder, he would sing. Not the quiet hums he would murmur under his breath on the bus. No, this was different.

Jimin was surprised his next-door neighbors couldn't hear him. Not that they would complain anyway. Once he opened his mouth to sing, it was hard to get him to stop. The confidence that filled his eye's transferred over to his voice. Saying he was good was an understatement. It was soft and quiet and melted your heart like a fire. It hypnotized people as their mouths fell open, shocked that his beauty on the outside was just as lovely as the tunes that poured out from his mouth.

~

Already used to getting up early, Jimin decided three hours of extra sleep was enough. He pushed away his blanket and sat there, knowing if he were to get up to fast, it would cause his vision to blur and his head to ache.

Gray sweatpants, with a black and red flannel, seemed okay to him. He wasn't going anywhere, so he decided nothing needed to be perfect. He slipped on fuzzy Christmas socks he wasn't sure when he got, but knew he's always had.

~

9:22am.

By this time, guilt had taking over Jimin as he stood face-to-face with the red umbrella every day for the last week. Of course he knew the other boy who had worn a red and black bandana, said he could keep it, but still. Now that Jimin had one, it meant that there was a possibility that the other didn't.

The worst part was that when Jimin went to retrieve his umbrella it was missing. Nowhere in sight, Jimin had forever lost his own beloved Umbrella.

But every time Jimin saw this umbrella, he couldn't help but let a little smile spread across his face. Jimin never thought someone would actually give up something to protect themselves, just because he didn't have one. It was a strange feeling for him and it erupted from the pit of his stomach and gave him a warm feeling inside that he liked.